• The KillerFrogs

Pooka Williams..... Uh oh

Bob Sugar

Me after catching up on this thread:
zGHQb4O.gif

Moose Stuff

So if a guy grabs a woman and leaves bruises, is that enough? What if he slaps her but doesn’t do any ‘serious’ physical harm? Does he need to draw blood in order to get kicked out of school?

Your OP is an enormous contradiction. You’re zero tolerance but you’re all for second chances? And you want to discuss this case specifically but then offer hypotheticals based on ‘what if it’s not as bad as initially reported?’

Seems like you’re not willing to just come out and say that you think the “never lay hands on a woman” standard is too high for you personally.

If you want to split hairs between a slap and a punch, or how much violence towards women is enough to get you expelled versus discipline being ‘handled internally’, go right ahead. Not a great look though.

I’ll regain interest in this when you tell me what Pooka did and what the circumstances were. Oddly enough Kansas has neither kicked him out of school or off the team so apparently they agree with my approach of determining what he did before deciding what his punishment should be.

Last edited:

Purp

I’ll regain interest in this when you tell me what Pooka did and what the circumstances were. Oddly enough Kansas has neither kicked him out of school or off the team so apparently they agree with my approach of determining what he did before deciding what his punishment should be.
Given we're dealing with Les Miles and it's his best (read "only good") player his current status with the team may not be very insightful. Les may just be waiting until after finals to hold a team vote.

Wexahu

Given we're dealing with Les Miles and it's his best (read "only good") player his current status with the team may not be very insightful. Les may just be waiting until after finals to hold a team vote.

On a related note, KU has two kids committed so far for the 2019 class. And they had a boatload of juniors and seniors on this past year's team. I know they'll probably add some kids quickly but Les is starting from rock bottom, almost death-penalty-like rock bottom.

Moose Stuff

If this is what he actually did he shouldn’t be anywhere near that campus.

DickBumpastache

If this is what he actually did he shouldn’t be anywhere near that campus.

Oops!

Froggish

Les is not going to turn that program around by holding players accountable. He knows that...loose rules and loose pockets are the only pathway to success at KU..

McFroggin

I prefer to see all the facts in these situations before determining extent of the penalty.

It’s well known fact based on extensive research (verify it yourself. I’m not your physician, unlikely at least) that women are more likely to physically abuse men than men abuse women. Men struggle with how to defend themselves, and when they either defend themselves or prompt it, they hit harder. More damage equals more legal charges + more media attention.

I’m not defending him, but there is a big difference in repeatedly punching a girlfriend in the face for refusing to do x vs elbowing her in an attempt to escape being struck repeatedly after caught cheating.