• The KillerFrogs

Peel back the onion layers boys

Toad Jones

People actually want to extend Patterson? What am I missing here?

This the real 64 thousand dollar question.
Could be a sign of the times (God forbid). Our world society has been hit with Covid and it changed attitudes. People are worn down with the beating Covid virus has given us. Think most people are tired and for right now, at this moment, you have the 'please don't bother me, I don't want to think about it! (so what better time to make social and economic changes to our world such as the present adm'tion is doing. You're incapable so we'll make changes for you) Is this Complacency?

Has complacency become the norm with the staff?. Certainly this clearly is not the same staff from a few years back. The figures are better but performance is sorely lacking. Not the same urgency until the program becomes a problem, then its catch up time and a lot of empty words fill the air with excuses. You'll hear things like, we'll get better next year because of ......... (excuses) again. Injuries and so forth. This because I don't want to address fully at this time. We'll have 'A new and improved start', and, and, and, we'll do better. At this point, its is in the best interest to take the program in a different direction. In other words, a culture change. I'll apologize for the meanderings but this opportunity facing TCU happens all the time. Possibly its worth making changes

Then you have the movers and the shakers in the buildings were ultimate decisions are made. And you see complacency again. You know the one, don't bother me right now with athletics. Other matters are more important than football. They're right to degrees, this is a university of higher learning and reputation. Whatever a backseat they may take, athletics has paid for new buildings, salaries (and there are several millionaires on staff) new programs and so on. Finances come into play, and prohibit flexibility. More opportunities arise, everyday.
Difficult times?!! We'll look back as generations before us and smile but this smile comes with knowledge of mistakes and chances we should have made b/c of concerned of consequences.

We at KF, if they left us alone, we would be better than Alabama, Ohio State. Of course, a few people would be hanged, shot but we would be better.

Fiscuits

What about an extension with a small buyout?
If Patterson is not retired or fired at the end of this season (let alone given an extension) , I’d have to believe he’d be the first coach in NCAA history to have an overall conference record like he does , with 5 of the last 6 years below .500…for this to happen. I can not think of another example that merits more change (let alone no possibility of contract extension).

If Patterson is not retired or fired at the end of this season (let alone given an extension) , I’d have to believe he’d be the first coach in NCAA history to have an overall conference record like he does , with 5 of the last 6 years below .500…for this to happen. I can not think of another example that merits more change (let alone no possibility of contract extension).
Without doing any research, I'm guessing there have been others in NCAA history.

JugbandFrog

I’d rather give up football, meat, master debating, and my gaming console before I EVER became a Baylor fan!

I feel like challenging you to a duel just for making me even consider that terrible idea!

One of us shall perish in front of Frog Fountain!!

Actually, didn’t that happen once? Someone challenging another member to a duel in front of Frog Fountain?

See what you have done! The algorithms have found me!!!

SackLunch

yes, and he came back to tcu as the director of player personnel in 2018, but as 4th down posted he left the position and i never heard where he landed in coaching
There was talks that he got into it with GP like he did the first time he was hear but I don't know if that is true or just another rumor. If he was back on staff why not let him coach the LB's? Chad somehow screwed up the one group that was consistantly good which is why I think when GP is done so is Chad. Plus, I've heard he's hated by pretty much everyone in the program besides GP. Heard he's a complete di#k for no reason at all and is like that all the time.

Eight

There was talks that he got into it with GP like he did the first time he was hear but I don't know if that is true or just another rumor. If he was back on staff why not let him coach the LB's? Chad somehow screwed up the one group that was consistantly good which is why I think when GP is done so is Chad. Plus, I've heard he's hated by pretty much everyone in the program besides GP. Heard he's a complete di#k for no reason at all and is like that all the time.

said to think that having a different opinion costs him a job, but i have been part of a sales staff that all got fired simply because we were hired by the previous regional sales manager

then again there were actual performance expectations on that job.

still trying to figure out who their new director of recruiting is because he has no work history on the internet

SackLunch

said to think that having a different opinion costs him a job, but i have been part of a sales staff that all got fired simply because we were hired by the previous regional sales manager

still trying to figure out who their new director of recruiting is because he has no work history on the internet
Is it not Lemoine?

Moose Stuff

said to think that having a different opinion costs him a job, but i have been part of a sales staff that all got fired simply because we were said to think that having a different opinion costs him a job, but i have been part of a sales staff that all got fired simply because we were hired by the previous regional sales manager

It’s very common in my industry for the new boss to bring in his “people” and let go some of the previous staff simply for not being his people.

Last edited: