• The KillerFrogs

Peel back the onion layers boys

Toad Jones

Quick questions:

Why would it be in Gary's best interest to get an extension right away?

Gary's contract is up in two years.

If i'm a good assistant coach who is highly thought of and services in demand, would I uproot my family for two years?

If your head coach gets an extension of 5 yrs plus the remaining two leftover, would you then consider coming to TCU as an assistant? (total 7 yrs)

If your a hot shot assistant and investigate Gary's record and procedures, would you come and coach for him?

SackLunch

Quick questions:

Why would it be in Gary's best interest to get an extension right away?

Gary's contract is up in two years.

If i'm a good assistant coach who is highly thought of and services in demand, would I uproot my family for two years?

If your head coach gets an extension of 5 yrs plus the remaining two leftover, would you then consider coming to TCU as an assistant? (total 7 yrs)

If your a hot shot assistant and investigate Gary's record and procedures, would you come and coach for him?
I would look more at the fact that in the 20+ years that GP has been at TCU he has had maybe 1 coach who left and was successful at a different school (Fuente). To me, that doesn't exactly show that the coaches that work under GP have much success after they leave his program. For defensive coaches it is because he does everything so they don't learn how to game plan or develop their own style of coaching/recruiting. I would also look at the fact that the few coaches that did try to speak up and contribute their own thoughts and weren't just "yes men" got ran off soon after (Nystrom, Shannon, McMillan, Phillips). Offensively I'm sure it's hard to grow and develop as a coach when you are constantly being told that what you are doing is wrong or that you should "run the damn ball". ie. Cumbie.

SackLunch

If Gary even gets a 1 year extension, I'm through with my beloved Horned Frogs football team and then it's just basketball and baseball. I don't even read the transcripts or write ups anymore on his luncheon ramblings or post game blah......tired of the insults.
But you are going to miss out on all of the great advice when it comes to dating LOL

PO Frog

I would look more at the fact that in the 20+ years that GP has been at TCU he has had maybe 1 coach who left and was successful at a different school (Fuente). To me, that doesn't exactly show that the coaches that work under GP have much success after they leave his program. For defensive coaches it is because he does everything so they don't learn how to game plan or develop their own style of coaching/recruiting. I would also look at the fact that the few coaches that did try to speak up and contribute their own thoughts and weren't just "yes men" got ran off soon after (Nystrom, Shannon, McMillan, Phillips). Offensively I'm sure it's hard to grow and develop as a coach when you are constantly being told that what you are doing is wrong or that you should "run the damn ball". ie. Cumbie.
Cross as well. LBs seemed pretty strong under his coaching.

JugbandFrog

If we give Gary a 5 year extension I will become a Baylor fan.
I’d rather give up football, meat, master debating, and my gaming console before I EVER became a Baylor fan!

I feel like challenging you to a duel just for making me even consider that terrible idea!

One of us shall perish in front of Frog Fountain!!

Actually, didn’t that happen once? Someone challenging another member to a duel in front of Frog Fountain?

SackLunch

Well, first of all, we don't have a Special Team Coach, GP doesn't think we need one. Second, Cross is not on staff anymore.
Anyone know why or where he is now? And how do we not have a special teams coach, it's literally the third facet of the game and a pretty important one. We could be really good at it too because special teams is all about speed and we are built for speed (usually)

Toad Jones

The timing of this greatly favors Patterson. The people in Vegas would not take the side of those who want a culture change! I would really like an explanation (give specifics) of 'working really hard with long hours' to change things when you consider our personnel, coach's, play calling and defensive alignments have been tinkered with since the second game. The ball is in his court considering the economics.

Eight

Well, first of all, we don't have a Special Team Coach, GP doesn't think we need one. Second, Cross is not on staff anymore.

not sure cross landed anywhere, frogs didn't fill the role he had at tcu, and i have no idea who the guy is they brought in to head up recruiting operations.

didn't they bring in some high school coach from the metroplex this past year?

Toad Jones

not sure cross landed anywhere, frogs didn't fill the role he had at tcu, and i have no idea who the guy is they brought in to head up recruiting operations.

didn't they bring in some high school coach from the metroplex this past year?
Went to Missouri. Believe he became dc until HC was relieved.