• The KillerFrogs

Paha good arm, not a runner like Andy

cdsfrog

I don't see that happening. That team laid down and died. We got slaughtered several times. These guys don't give up. They are making mistakes but learning.

Me either, that's just worst case scenario

I see us winning 7,8 or 9 wins (god willing)

I have been spoiled by back to back to back awesome seasons.

jake102

Not sure why we care if Pachall runs or not. He's a really really good passer. Does Kellen Moore run? Nope.

I look for Pachall to play more like Andrew Luck. Basically he's more of a drop back passer, but when there a big opening he is able to take off and pick up big yards. Asking him to slice and stumble through the defense like Dalton did is ridiculous.

cdsfrog

Dalton was terrible at first. His options were almost comical they were so bad at Baylor, for example, in his first try at them.

people have a very short memory when it comes to AD. Every single negative criticism of Pachall (very few but some for sure) has compared 2010 AD to him. 07/08 Dalton was a mediocre runner and a turnover machine. He developed his running talent and by 3rd year as a starter he had developed into a good runner and a great decision maker.

I don't necessarily think Casey will ever run the way Dalton did, but he can at least become decent at it. Passing wise.....wow his ceiling is so high.

I don't think it is his running ability or his athletic talent but more so his ability to perform the veer option.

QB play really makes this thing go. The QB must force the defender to commit to him or chase down the pitchman, and make an immediate decision based on the defender's movement(s). I don't think Pachall has the fake down at all, just yet. An experienced QB will utilize his eyes and body position to fake out the force man on both pitch and keeper plays, he has not perfected that.

Pachall still eyes his WR and is slow at reacting, however when he is on he is great. What an arm he has! Still has a ton to learn, but once he is learns and feels more comfortable in the veer all our eyes will be on the RB and somehow he will be or the TE will have the ball in the endzone. We then will have to use that nice new scoreboard to see how in the heck that happened.

Either jump off the ledge or come back to reality.

If we lose back to back to back then you can panic.

I'll quote you on that Sunday after we drop another one to SDSU. They are a decent team, good RB, and have the ability to throw the ball with a good QB. SDSU has been less than stellar thus far in the passing game but they have yet to play TCU's D which lacks a pass rush and has a nasty habit of letting WR run wild this season. I'd feel better if they just benched the SR's in the Defensive Backfield and went all youth at least that way we could have something going into next year.

cdsfrog

I'll quote you on that Sunday after we drop another one to SDSU. They are a decent team, good RB, and have the ability to throw the ball with a good QB. SDSU has been less than stellar thus far in the passing game but they have yet to play TCU's D which lacks a pass rush and has a nasty habit of letting WR run wild this season. I'd feel better if they just benched the SR's in the Defensive Backfield and went all youth at least that way we could have something going into next year.

Maybe so, I agree on benching certain secondary especially one of them.

Let's focus on SDSU and getting to 2-0 in the MWC