• The KillerFrogs

OU Game Thread

TCURiggs

TX_Krötenechse said:
Which people would you punch, the ledge-walkers or the unrealistically optimistic ones?
Both. Jesus. Catching up on this thread was such a ship show. Everyone was calling for Boykin's head, then he made some great plays that kept us in the game, then they went crazy again. Bunch of whiney poons around here

KBA

TCURiggs said:
Both. Jesus. Catching up on this thread was such a ship show. Everyone was calling for Boykin's head, then he made some great plays that kept us in the game, then they went crazy again. Bunch of whiney poons around here
Defense kept us in the game.  Give credit where credit is due.  Boykin does the best he can but he isn't a QB.

FrogPreacher

I was at TCU (Brite) from 78-82. The football team was truly awful then and I was at almost every home game and some of the away games.  I was a fan then no matter what and will continue to be one!  I would encourage you fair-weather folks to just please go away!*L*

That said, this team is certainly very frustrating.  An incredible defense and some excellent young talent on offense but the offense just can't get it together!! 

And just another note, let's pull together and continue to support these young men, no matter what!  Cheer, yell, be frustrated like I am but don't stop being supportive. 

That is all of my sermon until in the morning!

TCURiggs said:
It comes with being the QB. you get the all the criticism yet you get all the praise too when things go well.

Some here believe that their might be a young QB that could do incredible things not with the legs but with the cannon, but TCU has put all it's eggs in Boykin, just as SMU has done with Gilbert.

Frostie

FrogPreacher said:
I was at TCU (Brite) from 78-82. The football team was truly awful then and I was at almost every home game and some of the away games.  I was a fan then no matter what and will continue to be one!  I would encourage you fair-weather folks to just please go away!*L*

That said, this team is certainly very frustrating.  An incredible defense and some excellent young talent on offense but the offense just can't get it together!! 

And just another note, let's pull together and continue to support these young men, no matter what!  Cheer, yell, be frustrated like I am but don't stop being supportive. 

That is all of my sermon until in the morning!
Just to be clear, almost all are supporting the young men on the field. The majority however are cursing the grown men(OC) who are not properly preparing these young men. I will say it again and again, I don't mind losing, however I hate, absolutely hate seeing an offense that looks like the keystone cops are running it.

Jarret has no imagination, no brain and is not properly developing these kids. We are like UT on offense tons of talent but no one developing them.  Patterson has built a heck of a legacy, he is now hurting it by letting this dimwit hang around! We are going to continue to lose recruits and games until someone with half a brain steps in and starts developing these kids. This week must have been like Christmas for the DC at Oklahoma all he had to do is tell the kids three plays to look for, the zone read, slant and oh yeah by the way look for them to throw about 10 yards down the sideline.

cdsfrog

TCURiggs said:
He played really solid in 2nd half but was very bad in the 1st half. Also that missed touchdown pass to gray sucked.

Fact is our offense looked worse than any team in the nation in the first half.

Ol coach and oc are much more responsible for this loss but he sure as hell played a part.