• The KillerFrogs

OU Game Thread

cdsfrog

Frogs1983 said:
Won't happen. Patterson is too stubborn to do what should be done. Say what you want to about Mack Brown, but at least he cuts bait with an assistant when it's needed(or to save his own hide).

Agreed. We'll go 6-7 this year and keep everyone. The defense is good but still makes one huge monumental mistake every game. 

Frogs1983

Todd D. said:
We lost to what tomorrow will be a Top 10 team by 3 points. I can't believe how many fairweather fans we have.
Nothing "fairweather" about pointing out the obvious. Our Offense is a huge problem and is holding the team back.

Slomo37

Todd D. said:
We lost to what tomorrow will be a Top 10 team by 3 points. I can't believe how many fairweather fans we have.
Did you watch the game, especially the first half, or just look at the box score?

Go write your article.

rjohns1991

Todd D. said:
This. We've lost close games to LSU, Tech & OU - all top 15ish teams. We're better than the record indicates, especially on D. Just give me an average Offense and we're top 10. But, Good Lord, this season is frustrating. I'd be inclined to start the TM era. Let him take his lumps the rest of '13 so he's ready for '14. All I know is that, as of right now, we're wasting an awesome defense.

mc1502

Todd D. said:
Ummmm.... Did you watch the game?   NO first downs in the first half, 21 plays for 21 yards at one point...   Sam Houston would have had better production in the first half than we had.     The O's performance is not acceptable.

TX_Krötenechse

Todd D. said:
There isn't anything fairweather about saying that maybe, just MAYBE, changes need to be made to an offense that produced SIXTEEN YARDS of offense and ZERO first downs in an entire half. A team that has gotten worse on offense in every game it's played. A team whose offense doesn't show up until the second half at best, late 3rd/early 4th quarter at worst.

Limey Frog

I think kicking it away was the right call. Your chance of recovering an inside kick when they know it's coming is roughly 1 in 7. If they get the ball any first down kills the game. If your only chance of winning is a 3-&-out, better for it to be inside their 20.

Frogs1983

I have serious concerns about TCU being able to win anymore recruiting battles for any top flight Offensive players with this crap we keep putting out each week.

cdsfrog

FrogRunner91 said:
This. We've lost close games to LSU, Tech & OU - all top 15ish teams. We're better than the record indicates, especially on D. Just give me an average Offense and we're top 10. But, Good Lord, this season is frustrating. I'd be inclined to start the TM era. Let him take his lumps the rest of '13 so he's ready for '14. All I know is that, as of right now, we're wasting an awesome defense.

We're 2-3 and 0-2 in conference.

We said the same thing in 2011 in and 2012.

Here's to 2018

TX_Krötenechse

Limey Frog said:
I think kicking it away was the right call. Your chance of recovering an inside kick when they know it's coming is roughly 1 in 7. If they get the ball any first down kills the game. If your only chance of winning is a 3-&-out, better for it to be inside their 20.
I'd rather lose while taking a risk to win than lose by playing it too safe. This is the second time.

Huge standing ovation to the defense. TCU defense is sooooooo good. TCU D almost won this game. What they did in Norman is incredible. One of TCUs best defensive groups.

Too bad kids dont see how good this D is. I would want to go to TCU to be part of this D, it is well coached and pmany will find themselves in the NFL.

Way to go TCU D!

KBA

It is ashame that our defense battles like hell and have nothing on the other side.  The defense can't make one mistake and they did. That is too much to ask from the defensive group.  Hard to watch because it could be great but one real weakness kills us and it better be fixed or we can't win on a consistent basis. Carter needs to go....he is a distraction to the team.

Zubaz

frog9999 said:
No,  a whole crappy 1st half by the offense made the difference.
Even with a crappy first half, we were down 3 in the 4th quarter. One play on the defense made the difference. Fact.