• The KillerFrogs

OU Game Thread

Frogs1983

I'm going to watch the second half of the Baylor/W. Virginia game now so I can see what a real Offense looks like. Maybe I could send a DVD to our Offensive Coaches and Patterson?

LurkerFrog

KBA said:
It is ashame that our defense battles like hell and have nothing on the other side.  The defense can't make one mistake and they did. That is too much to ask from the defensive group.  Hard to watch because it could be great but one real weakness kills us and it better be fixed or we can't win on a consistent basis. Carter needs to go....he is a distraction to the team.

Did Carter ever actually catch a pass?  I don't believe he had at least up through the 3rd quarter.

Zubaz

frog9999 said:
As I recall the game is played for 60 minutes. FACT
Yup. And in the 56th minute, we were down three. One big play made it 10. 90 seconds later it back to 3. Who knows what would have happened without that one big play?

mc1502

Todd D. said:
Yup. And in the 56th minute, we were down three. One big play made it 10. 90 seconds later it back to 3. Who knows what would have happened without that one big play?
Are you related to one of the O coaches?    I ask because that's just about the only person that could have watched this game and twisted their perception enough to put any blame on the D.

KBA

Carter didn't do anything...his head was up his &^% and I'm sure Patterson is saying the same thing to him.

TX_Krötenechse

Todd D. said:
I'm sorry but you are being deliberately dense. You can't just look at the score and ignore the weeping sore that is our offensive performance in the first half.

jake102

Todd D. said:

God you are dumb. The scored should have been 35 - 10 in the 56th minute if not for our defense. 

ECoastFrog

If our offense played as well as the defense, it would have been 40-20 TCU. So what that the defense missed one play? That's gonna happen. The offense looks disorganized, even confused. They are not well-coached.

masterfrog

Frogs1983 said:
I think our QB underthrowing a wide open WR for the go ahead touchdown is "one" play that made the difference, if you want to nit pick!
I still didn't see that play like that.  The receiver had plenty of time to adjust to the throw and it really looked more like he overran it.

Zubaz

Jake102 said:
God you are dumb. The scored should have been 35 - 10 in the 56th minute if not for our defense.
Cool personal attack.

The score wasn't 35-10. There's no "should have been". It wasn't. The score was 13-10. After they scored a touchdown, we moved the ball and scored. Without that big play, who knows if we still score.

KBA

masterfrog said:
I still didn't see that play like that.  The receiver had plenty of time to adjust to the throw and it really looked more like he overran it.
I thought the same thing....he did have time to adjust.

KBA

I do want to say that the team has a ton of fight and they were on the road at OU.  They don't quit and that is a credit to the program as a whole.  The program will be back...we have been here before.  Changes need to be made but it is amazing we have a chance to win even though our offense isn't very good.