• The KillerFrogs

OT: Why Did You Choose Your KF.c Handle?

Frog DJ

No you saw it. Somewhere on page 2 or 3. Airplane is an all time favorite of mine and I always loved Rex Kramer, played by Robert Stack of Unsolved Mysteries (I’m sure there were other movies/shows but that’s all I know of). My brother and I quote that movie all the time still.

I’ll expand on it by admitting that I stole the name from my brother. He’s a TCU grad but more of a Texas fan (do your worst on that kf.c… but just know we were raised in a UT household). He posts on one of their sites under the name. I was pissed that he thought of it first. Knowing he doesn’t come over here, I claimed it.
Robert Stack remains the Hollywood standard for good “minimalist actors,” and one of his best performances was opposite John Wayne in the 1954 classic, “The High and the Mighty.”

In the film, Stack plays the role of a skittish pilot into whom Wayne’s character infuses some backbone at a critical moment. If you enjoy great old movies, I highly recommend it.

Go Frogs!

Frog DJ

Oh, I didn’t really answer the OP’s question.

Like some others, I wasn’t very creative. I’ve been a disc jockey since disc jockeys actually played discs. As alluded to in a prior thread, I was a radio DJ, not a club DJ.

The avatar was chosen when Gary Patterson was reviving and rescuing TCU’s football program, and I continue to pay homage to the man who saved us from the trash heap.

I freely acknowledge it was time to move on, but I also still respect him for his priceless contributions to our beloved alma mater. As such, his picture will stay in place.

Go Frogs!

Virginia Frog

I was Jugbandxmas from Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas, then changed it to JugbandFrog cuz Frog was more appropriate than xmas.
I was always intrigued by your "handle."

My guess was that "Jug" was your initials. "bandX" was that you were a band-ex/a former marcher-musician, and "mas", a gathering like a party- something like "Jug's life is always a party!"

Rex Kramer

Robert Stack remains the Hollywood standard for good “minimalist actors,” and one of his best performances was opposite John Wayne in the 1954 classic, “The High and the Mighty.”

In the film, Stack plays the role of a skittish pilot into whom Wayne’s character infuses some backbone at a critical moment. If you enjoy great old movies, I highly recommend it.

Go Frogs!
I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Oh, I didn’t really answer the OP’s question.

Like some others, I wasn’t very creative. I’ve been a disc jockey since disc jockeys actually played discs. As alluded to in a prior thread, I was a radio DJ, not a club DJ.

The avatar was chosen when Gary Patterson was reviving and rescuing TCU’s football program, and I continue to pay homage to the man who saved us from the trash heap.

I freely acknowledge it was time to move on, but I also still respect him for his priceless contributions to our beloved alma mater. As such, his picture will stay in place.

Go Frogs!
May we know where you worked in radio or is that too personal?

HFrog1999

Guess I was in a movie character mood when I joined and was trying to think of a handle. Plus I’ve always identified with Crash both from a philosophy and career track perspective, minus the ability to hit a curveball … and mrs tftbnl used to tell me I looked like him after 2 beers.

saul-goodman-1502199952.gif

PurplFrawg

Administrator
See your screen name seem obvious but nfrog, o. How long ng did it take to find a pleasing name that fit the limit?
Well, I guess it could have been PurpleFrog, but I think this version has more character. Back then, there was a lot less demand, so I probably could have had lots of options. Computers were steam powered, if you recall.

The avatar is the fountain and stadium which I remember fondly from my student days.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Well, I guess it could have been PurpleFrog, but I think this version has more character. Back then, there was a lot less demand, so I probably could have had lots of options. Computers were steam powered, if you recall.

The avatar is the fountain and stadium which I remember fondly from my student days.
Not sure what happened with my question there. Looks like I had a stroke

tetonfrog

I discovered KFC after I moved from FW to Jackson Hole in '99. The Teton Mountains were/are just amazing to me. It goes from straight prairie land to massive, beautiful mountains. It helped bring me peace of mind after a rough time. I am awestruck by the Tetons to this day.

It was also great fun to follow the Frogs around the MWC. I got to see games at BYU, Utah, CSU, AFA (not the freezing-ass cold game during AD's frosh year) and WYO. That was a ball.

Visited my pops a few weeks ago up there while my mom was in Scotland and it was a blast. I know Yellowstone gets the headlines and the miniseries, but the Grand Teton National Park is better. I lived over 16 years up there and have so many fond memories. I moved to Denver over seven years ago and I dig it here. But it not even close to life in the Tetons.