• The KillerFrogs

OT: Why Did You Choose Your KF.c Handle?

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I’ve been wanting to pose this question for a while and as we are deep into the Silly Season and 53 days from the CU game now seems as good a time as any. I hope y’all will answer bc I am truly interested. I understand in some cases an answer may reveal your secret identity but I hope enough folks will play along so this doesn’t flop and is interesting.

I’ll start: The Prince of Purpoole was the name given to the Lord of Misrule at Gray’s Inn, London during the Twelve Days of Christmas in 1594. That whole revelry is a post unto itself but the important things in my choosing the screen name are that the word ‘Purpoole’ appears in the title, it is a nice alliteration and the Prince of Purpoole presided over twelve nights of drunken parties and general tomfoolery.

It seemed somehow appropriate here

Frog-in-law1995

Pretty straightforward. Married into Frogdom and 1995 was my college class (and just “Frog-in-Law” was already taken).

My original handle (for about a year) was AccidentalCynic, which was a nod to comedy sportswriter-cum-ESPN poker announcer Norman Chad, who a great many moons ago used to do a hilarious syndicated column, mostly about football gambling, under that name from his desk at the Baltimore Sun. He was nice enough to keep up a little friendly banter with me in the early days of email for a while before the WSOP money started flowing.

Last edited:

Armadillo

Nigel Tufnel quote: “We’ve got ARMADILLOS in our trousers. It’s really quite frightening”

Dr. Cooper showed This is Spinal Tap in one of my very favorite classes at TCU, Survey of the Comedy Film, in 1994, my senior year. Wednesday nights, 6pm to 9pm in Moudy, then I’d head down to The Pub for dollar drink night with a buddy.

Much of my inner dialogue is Spinal Tap, Beavis and Butthead and Seinfeld.

RufeBruton

Mine was the name of the TCU swim coach in ‘69/‘70 when we swam in that cesspool next to Clark Hall (20 yard pool, four lanes, with a pipe exiting the pool in the middle of lane2). His name was John “Rufe” Brewton. Since he never ever spelled my name correctly in the one year that I swam for him, I have misspelled his name in his dubious honor.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
As an aspiring Zymurgist back in the mists of time, and an avid Frog Fan, the name seemed perfect.

I need to brew another batch of beer!

Edit: The avatar is my fat ass sitting on a beach patio on Eleuthera in 2003. I am wearing one of Froglaw's FrogGear hats, and my Kalik Gold is comfortably ensconced in a TCU longneck koozie.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Nigel Tufnel quote: “We’ve got ARMADILLOS in our trousers. It’s really quite frightening”

Dr. Cooper showed This is Spinal Tap in one of my very favorite classes at TCU, Survey of the Comedy Film, in 1994, my senior year. Wednesday nights, 6pm to 9pm in Moudy, then I’d head down to The Pub for dollar drink night with a buddy.

Much of my inner dialogue is Spinal Tap, Beavis and Butthead and Seinfeld.
This is cool bc I always just assumed it had to do with Texas roots…