• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Couldn't sleep this morning started "A Night at the Opera" followed by "Draft Day".
Have seen it several times and it still is one of my favorite football movies.
Every time I watch DraftDay I have 2 recurring thoughts;
1-Ben Affleck is an IDIOT for losing wife Jen and
2-I so miss all the other great works Chadwick Boseman could have shared with us.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Argylle review:
First 30-40 minutes are slam bang action/comedy followed by 90 minutes go-find-yourself memories lost & found followed by two 12 year olds on adderall overdose (producers) with machine guns & disco pink/blue smoke cannons as part of waaay too long ending. Save your $ and wait for streaming services.

Next up—Madame Web, next week.

JugbandFrog

Argylle review:
First 30-40 minutes are slam bang action/comedy followed by 90 minutes go-find-yourself memories lost & found followed by two 12 year olds on adderall overdose (producers) with machine guns & disco pink/blue smoke cannons as part of waaay too long ending. Save your $ and wait for streaming services.

That movie is over 2 hours long?!? [ What the heck? ]!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Finally watched the final S2 episode of Reacher last night, and it was as dumb as I expected. When even Mrs. Brewingfrog is ridiculing the action MST3K-style, you know they've gone round the bend...

I do wish the writers of this dreck understood how firearms work, even a basic understanding. Or why the Bad Guys can't aim, but Our Heroes can engage six dudes equipped with rifles and optics, armed with iron-sight handguns and drop all of them in 3 seconds flat. They pretty much lose me when the Heroes develop Marvel Cinematic Universe level super-powers and expect us to just roll right along. Perhaps they will resist the temptation to let Alan Ritchson don a cape and fly around next season...

Chongo94

Argylle review:

Gracias, I only want to see Dua Lipa in this haha.

Also, Madame Web?!….you poor soul, it looks horrendous. Let us know if it isn’t.

Chongo94

Very VERY little Dua
Come On Wow GIF by BrownSugarApp

Chongo94

Didn’t even know this was out and watched three straight. Came across it on Prime but it may be on Apple too.

Highly recommend it! A bit campy in parts but funny and all around entertaining too. The scenery is great, I think it was filmed in the Canary Islands but not sure. Renata Notni who plays Lolita is my new crush.

ZORRO!

Last edited: