• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

View attachment 12614View attachment 12615

Bro. He looks like he should be playing Kerry instead of Kevin. He is roided up. Kerry was bigger then Kevin was. Kerry had muscles on top of muscles. Kevin was muscular too but he was lean and long.

I was really excited about this movie when I first heard about it. But I'm already feeling some letdown after seeing how Efron looks. I'm like you though, I'll still watch it just because.

I grew up at the Sportatorium. We were there every Friday night and Saturday morning. My dad loved that [ #2020 ]. We went to all the big shows too. Texas Stadium, the Cotton Bowl, Reunion Arena, Mesquite Rodeo, all of those places. We made some trips out to the Fort Worth shows too at Will Rogers Coliseum and the Tarrant County Convention Center. Alot of good memories from those days.
Those were some of my thoughts too. The casting choices were interesting. It’s like they switched their characters….they got the pretty boy to play Kevin…the pretty boy who is now roided up and looks more like Kerry, who was the pretty boy super huge dude. And they got the dude that would probably be a better Kevin playing Kerry….the dude from Shameless…can’t see him as Kerry unless he basically wears a muscle suit or something.

Saw some guys on Reddit talking about Efron and his “roid gut.” Had to look that up but makes sense.

Yeah man, those sound like awesome memories and I’m sure I’ll still go watch it but really seems like they missed the casting on this but we’ll see I guess.

Chongo94

View attachment 12614View attachment 12615

Bro. He looks like he should be playing Kerry instead of Kevin. He is roided up. Kerry was bigger then Kevin was. Kerry had muscles on top of muscles. Kevin was muscular too but he was lean and long.

I was really excited about this movie when I first heard about it. But I'm already feeling some letdown after seeing how Efron looks. I'm like you though, I'll still watch it just because.

I grew up at the Sportatorium. We were there every Friday night and Saturday morning. My dad loved that [ #2020 ]. We went to all the big shows too. Texas Stadium, the Cotton Bowl, Reunion Arena, Mesquite Rodeo, all of those places. We made some trips out to the Fort Worth shows too at Will Rogers Coliseum and the Tarrant County Convention Center. Alot of good memories from those days.
Here’s who they have playing Kerry.

MV5BM2RhYTkxMTAtYTM4My00NzE4LWFjYmUtZWNhYmM3YmZhNGZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ0MDUyMzg@._V1_UY1200_CR36,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

The-Bear-Beyond-Jeremy-Allen-White-Addison-Timlin-Love-Story-0010.jpg

Ron Swanson

Do not seem legit. Reminds me of the old story of a doctor talking to a young woman who was pregnant with the punchline "Somebody else shot that Bear."
She’s attractive, but I will say that’s her best pic. Also, we have to take into account that most Hollywood actors punch above their weight in who they marry. My guess is he pulled a 10 that helped balance the scales.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Just saw an excellent BBC show also on Prime, called The English. Emily Blunt and a really good Indian (American, not dot) actor named Chaske Spencer. Odd watching a UK series that is a western. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Last edited:

Frog-O-Rama

Just saw an excellent BBC show also on Prime, called The English. Emily Blunt and a really good Indian (American, not dot) actor named Chaske Spencer. Odd watching a UK series that is a western. Enjoyed it thoroughly.
Hoosierfrog- I enjoy your posts and this is not a big deal just an FYI. I live in Arizona and the PC is Indigenous People and/or Native American. Hats and T-shirts are sold, that say; "You are on Native land", not necessarily by those people.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Hoosierfrog- I enjoy your posts and this is not a big deal just an FYI. I live in Arizona and the PC is Indigenous People and/or Native American. Hats and T-shirts are sold, that say; "You are on Native land", not necessarily by those people
Not to be argumentative, but… PC is something not in my vocabulary. We are talking about words here. There is still the Bureau of Indian Affairs and when I visited the Taos Pueblo, they referred to themselves as Indians. All the the sudden after decades there are hurt feelings? Time for all people to get over themselves. And as far as native? History tells us Native American indigenous Indians came across the Bering Straights from Asia the same way Europeans crossed the Atlantic, so hardly native.

Last edited: