• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Frog-in-law1995

Maybe in a world where The Natural, Field of Dreams, and Bull Durham all didn't actually exist.

EDIT:

Although this may be the greatest quote in any baseball movie.

Man, this could be a list that generates even more debate than best movie.

If you build it, he will come
There’s no crying in baseball
Juuuust a bit outside (made even better when
you quite the next line too) he tried the corner
and missed.
Lollygaggers
Today I consider myself the luckiest man on
the face of the earth.
God, I love baseball

But I think my vote has to go to:

You’re killing me, Smalls.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

I'm enjoying Season 5 of The Handmaid's Tale. I believe episode 4 drops today. It's on Hulu for those who aren't in the know.
Waiting for the entire season so we can binge it. Though honestly, the story doesn’t interest me as much anymore as the resolution. I just want to see about 5 or 6 more people die. One wearing blue and (especially) one wearing brown in particular.

LisaLT

Waiting for the entire season so we can binge it. Though honestly, the story doesn’t interest me as much anymore as the resolution. I just want to see about 5 or 6 more people die. One wearing blue and (especially) one wearing brown in particular.
I've really enjoyed the series and read both books (The Testaments is the follow up to Handmaid's Tale, and takes place 15 years AFTER the Handmaid's Tale). If the show follows the books - I did hear they plan to continue the series with the Testaments - then Aunt Lydia plays a key role in that chapter. So does June's daughter Hannah, who is an adult and still in Gilead. Both books were good reads, and this show is excellent for binge-watching.

I'm guessing the one wearing blue meets their maker.

LisaLT

A sequel would be a good reason to keep brown alive, but I would be angry. She needs to die. Painfully. And at June’s hands. Or Hanna’s.
Well the Testaments focuses mainly on the aunts and how they are chosen to be aunts. I don’t want to say too much to give away what the book details, but I will say one thing. Aunt Lydia changes and becomes more of an ally in the end than what her character is now. She is willing to sacrifice herself to bring down Gilead. Whether she is successful or not I won’t say and I won’t say if she lives or dies. The ending of the book is epic.

Bob Sugar

Man, this could be a list that generates even more debate than best movie.

If you build it, he will come
There’s no crying in baseball
Juuuust a bit outside (made even better when
you quite the next line too) he tried the corner
and missed.
Lollygaggers
Today I consider myself the luckiest man on
the face of the earth.
God, I love baseball

But I think my vote has to go to:

You’re killing me, Smalls.
top-gun-action.gif

None of the people who said those quotes were traded less than a season after leading their club in 9th inning doubles in the month of August. Its the great American tragedy and redemption story. I mean, the guy overcame a hole in his swing.

Frog-in-law1995

top-gun-action.gif

None of the people who said those quotes were traded less than a season after leading their club in 9th inning doubles in the month of August. Its the great American tragedy and redemption story. I mean, the guy overcame a hole in his swing.
They also didn’t embarrass themselves with “Happy mind, happy body,” so I call it a wash.

Creeperfrog

That’s gonna be a yes for me. I can stand Anna De Armas’ face and body
Yeah, she is gorgeous. Based on the trailer it looks boring and I don't like the whisper, high pitch voice that is supposed to be a sexy, dumb blonde. I know that was Marilyn's niche, but I don't want to watch a movie with that the entire time