• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Saw Bullet Train and was surprised how funny it was, Brad Pitt made this movie (as in made it decent). Thought it was going to be stupid at first, but it grew on us as it went on. Kind of a Kill Bill meets Oceans 11 Kind of thing. Saw at one of those places where the seat shake and have all the huge speakers. My ears are still ringing. I wonder if it was that loud everywhere.

angie imacelebau GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

Last edited:

Eight

I still don’t rightly know exactly what this is about. I get that it’s before the LoTR but is it basically showcasing the events/years that lead up to that battle where Sauron is defeated right at the start of the LoTR?

yes, so from the book nerd perspective this would be the prequel to the hobbit which is the set up to the lotr triology

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I still don’t rightly know exactly what this is about. I get that it’s before the LoTR but is it basically showcasing the events/years that lead up to that battle where Sauron is defeated right at the start of the LoTR?
I am a hidebound geek, and am appalled by this. It really has nothing to do with anything Tolkein wrote, save for some of the character names. The morons running this abortion have essentially made up this series by cherry-picking some elements in the appendices of LOTR, and "re-imagining" it all. The "story" such as it is, is set in the Second Age, following the defeat of Morgoth and his lieutenant, Sauron. While there is a huge amount of storytelling to be found in the roughly 2,000 years of time spanning the end of the First Age, and the creation of the Rings, the Amazon showrunners are the usual Hollywood imbeciles who look to destroying things rather than honoring the root works that delighted so many millions through the years. Tolkein was quite careful in his Worldbuilding, and these idiots have thrown it all away for woke.

I honestly can't wait to miss it.

Eight

I am a hidebound geek, and am appalled by this. It really has nothing to do with anything Tolkein wrote, save for some of the character names. The morons running this abortion have essentially made up this series by cherry-picking some elements in the appendices of LOTR, and "re-imagining" it all. The "story" such as it is, is set in the Second Age, following the defeat of Morgoth and his lieutenant, Sauron. While there is a huge amount of storytelling to be found in the roughly 2,000 years of time spanning the end of the First Age, and the creation of the Rings, the Amazon showrunners are the usual Hollywood imbeciles who look to destroying things rather than honoring the root works that delighted so many millions through the years. Tolkein was quite careful in his Worldbuilding, and these idiots have thrown it all away for woke.

I honestly can't wait to miss it.

200.gif