• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Eight

I should have said, it takes four already stressful things and combines them. Most would be very stressed doing any one of the following:
-anesthetizing a kid
-Exploring a narrow cave
-SCUBA diving
-transporting an unresponsive human

This team combined all four elements together in a way never dreamed of previously.
The stress level is unimaginable.
The attention to detail by the filmmakers was impressive.

i sense this wouldn't be a dream scenario for you doc

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Just watched Thirteen Lives. One of the most intense movies I’ve seen in a long while, and I already knew the story. The magnitude of what occurred there is huge. Anesthetizing kids in a controlled setting is already intense. What they did amplified that by about a million in my opinion. Legend status is an understatement. I recall reading the story of what occurred soon after it happened and then reading the scientific paper on the events. I think Ron Howard did an excellent job of bringing the story to life.
If you watch it, just know that the entire proposed plan was so dangerous for so many reasons not even discussed in the movie.
Simply astonishing story that was incredibly well told by the entire production team.
No way is that being screened at Rancho Brewingfrog. Mrs. Brewingfrog is a claustrophobe, and I imagine 2 hours of near-certain death by drowning in a dark cave would make me one, too.

HFrog1999

No way is that being screened at Rancho Brewingfrog. Mrs. Brewingfrog is a claustrophobe, and I imagine 2 hours of near-certain death by drowning in a dark cave would make me one, too.

clockwork orange no GIF

tcudoc

Rewatched The Guardian the other day with Costner and Kutcher. I think that’s a really well done movie. It sheds light on a career that I could never do.

Eight

Rewatched The Guardian the other day with Costner and Kutcher. I think that’s a really well done movie. It sheds light on a career that I could never do.

don't know doc, you are very funny sensitive at times, and intelligent, you would have made a great michael kelso