1. The KillerFrogs

OT - Great movie lines/scenes

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Limp Lizard, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Already one movie thread. Long hot summer ahead and we won't really know something until August.
    Sometimes just a single line is not enough. The whole set of lines make better since. For instance the one below which is definitely iconic:

2. I win!

wes, FrogCop19, NavyFrog and 2 others like this.
  3. It's very NSFW so I won't link it but the scene with Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken from True Romance is some of my favorite acting.

Atomic Frawg, jugbandxmas and TheFDN like this.
  4. "Senator, You can have my answer now, if you like."

Pacino said more in this scene with his eyes and body language than with his words. Perfectly written. Perfectly directed. Perfectly delivered. I was watching the masterpiece of film one day when the wife sat down on the couch. She happened to peek up from her book during this scene and said, "That guy's getting killed, isn't he?" She had never seen either of the two "The Godfather" films (because there are only two real Godfather films) and had no knowledge of Michael or what would transpire. Yet Al Pacino communicated perfectly, verbally and non-verbally, in this scene.

Froglaw and Chongo94 like this.
  5. "I thought you said your dog didn't bite."
    "That's not my dog."[/QUOTE]
    That is a great comic line. I think about that a lot when I am around dogs I don't know.

wes, Tumbleweed, FrogCop19 and 3 others like this.
  6. Brings up a question. When the Senator is confronted with the dead hooker, did the Corleones kill her or did the Senator, while drunk/drugged? I initially thought it was a Corleone hit, but then thought about the mythology of the Mafia only taking out other gangsters or enemies made me doubt it. She was an innocent as far as the Senator's war with the Corleone bunch. Or is it not important?

7. I always interpreted it that the Corleone's set him up, killing the girl after Gerry was drugged. In the scene where Tom Hagan comes to Sen Gerry's hotel room, Al Neri (Michael's enforcer) is seen in the bathroom.

Sen Gerry made it personal when he insulted Michael's family. "We are both part of the same hypocrisy, senator. But never think it appies to my family."

8. “One, two, five!
    —Three, sir.
    Three!”

“I’ll have what she’s having.”

“Well let’s play chess.”

“That rug really tied the room together.”

9. "I'm your Huckleberry."

Many other quotes from that movie, but that one fires me up. The way it changes Johnny Ringo from badarse to chickenpoop is funny. Doc obviously has a reputation that precedes him.

Purp, tetonfrog and ShadowFrog like this.
  10. I have two guns, one for each of you.

Purp, Bob Sugar and jugbandxmas like this.
  11. I know, let's have a spelling contest!

tcudoc, FrogCop19, Purp and 1 other person like this.
  12. “She knows exactly what she’s doing”

[​IMG]

FrogCop19, kidkarr, Bob Sugar and 4 others like this.
  13. The guy with the drink looks like ADJD.

14. Top Secret was just deranged...

Staying in the Val Kilmer vein... "Don't drink that! It'll give you enormous breasts! Oh, God! I'm too late!!!"

15. “I’d thought I’d try out my sea legs.”
    “But you ain’t got no legs Lt Dan.”
    Cracks me up to this day!

wes and ftwfrog like this.
  16. From ‘02, supposedly the Bond flick nobody liked or saw, bonus points for Madonna cameo line “I don’t like male chicken fights”
    But I included it for the duel and the
    “...since we’re upping the wager, let’s up the weapon as well. The old fashioned way—First blood from the torso.”

17. “scheiss you!”

- Tremors

Ron Swanson, Chongo94 and Peacefrog like this.