• The KillerFrogs

OT - Great movie lines/scenes

Bob Sugar

Roy 'Tin Cup' McAvoy: The critical opening phrase of this poem will always be the grip. Which the hands unite to form a single unit by the simple overlap of the little finger. Lowly and slowly the clubhead is led back. Pulled into position not by the hands, but by the body which turns away from the target shifting weight to the right side without shifting balance. Tempo is everything; perfection unobtainable as the body coils down at the top of the swing. Theres a slight hesitation. A little nod to the gods.

Dr. Molly Griswold: A, a nod to the gods?

Roy 'Tin Cup' McAvoy: Yeah, to the gods. That he is fallible. That perfection is unobtainable. And now the weight begins shifting back to the left pulled by the powers inside the earth. It's alive, this swing! A living sculpture and down through contact, always down, striking the ball crisply, with character. A tuning fork goes off in your heart and your balls. Such a pure feeling is the well-struck golf shot. Now the follow through to finish. Always on line. The reverse C of the Golden Bear! The steel workers' power and brawn of Carl Sandburg's. Arnold Palmer!

Romeo Posar: Unnhh, he's doing the Arnold Palmer thing.

Froglaw

Brings up a question. When the Senator is confronted with the dead hooker, did the Corleones kill her or did the Senator, while drunk/drugged? I initially thought it was a Corleone hit, but then thought about the mythology of the Mafia only taking out other gangsters or enemies made me doubt it. She was an innocent as far as the Senator's war with the Corleone bunch. Or is it not important?

Really, you believe that it was just a coincidence?

Like Art Briles was just the Coach and he did not know that his players considered the entire population of Baylor Co-eds as their personal Handmaidens?

Last edited:

dawg

"If there's one thing my father taught me, it's this: that a pint of blood costs more than gallon of gold."

-Carmine Lupertazzi Jr

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Summer ‘82 that came out and I was using my brand new TCU Fine Arts degree as.....Staff Counselor at YMCA of the Rockies - Snow Mountain Ranch, Colorado. Granby town theater is 5 miles away. I filled up the staff Chevy van & we all go see Khan. Sit down, theater maybe 1/3 full, couple of big good ole boy bubbas sit right behind me yukking it up already well boozed. Yeahs! In the big fight scenes, etc.
until the end where Spock dies and I swear they’re both tearing up & snifglingy baaad “Spock!....Spock!!....”
Sad, but true.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
It’s two quotes,two movies, but enlighten so it’s perfect.
“Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?”