• The KillerFrogs

OT: Best pizza in FW?

Eight

Back in the early-ish 80's there was a pizza place a block or 2 east of the TCU campus on the north side of Berry. Don't remember the name, but it used 1 or more Greek letters.

Awful. The worst pizza I have ever tried. Smell reminiscent of formaldehyde. We took the box - with 95% of the pizza remaining - to the guys in the Tom Brown tv room and said, "Free pizza!" None of them took more than 1 bite.

possibly pizza pi house?

medium cheese was $3.14, that was the end of the month choice while domino's was first of the month

SwissArmyFrog

possibly pizza pi house?

medium cheese was $3.14, that was the end of the month choice while domino's was first of the month

I don't think so. This is one of those names that when I hear it, I'll know it and wonder how I could have forgot the name, haha.

Brog

Don't know about the best, but if we were talking about the most expensive pizza in town it has to be DeLucca's on Hulen. It ends up being about $50.00 for two, IF you drink nothing but water. Beer, margaritas, etc, extra, VERY extra. This is the same DeLuccas that for a year or two sponsored Colonial Golf Tournament, then ran out on them. The pizza? Pretty good, small slices as the servers passed by, as many as you want, including some dessert pizzas, too. Dessert pizzas? Yes. What's next?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Don't know about the best, but if we were talking about the most expensive pizza in town it has to be DeLucca's on Hulen. It ends up being about $50.00 for two, IF you drink nothing but water. Beer, margaritas, etc, extra, VERY extra. This is the same DeLuccas that for a year or two sponsored Colonial Golf Tournament, then ran out on them. The pizza? Pretty good, small slices as the servers passed by, as many as you want, including some dessert pizzas, too. Dessert pizzas? Yes. What's next?
I’ve avoided going there for this reason. Prices seem high.

btw- different company was the colonial sponsor. That was Dean and Deluca.

Bob Sugar

I also love breakfast pizza
sk1Xc2q.gif

tcuwags

It's like CiCi's for adults. Pizza? Meh.

ftwfrog

Saint Louis pizza is based on the random thoughts of an insane person translated into a pizza.
Like most threads on the KFC, I made it only a few pages.

You want to compare Chicago style to New York style pizza? Cool. They’re both amazing.

Classifying STL pizza as actual pizza, is like saying you’re favorite type of soda is Sunny Delight. Makes zero sense and you embarrass yourself.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Like most threads on the KFC, I made it only a few pages.

You want to compare Chicago style to New York style pizza? Cool. They’re both amazing.

Classifying STL pizza as actual pizza, is like saying you’re favorite type of soda is Sunny Delight. Makes zero sense and you embarrass yourself.
Texas Chili v. Cincinnati "chili" Discuss...