• The KillerFrogs

OT: Best pizza in FW?

Paul in uhh

Take a break from the realignment talk and the lonely SMU/UH trolls.

What’s the best pizza in Fort Worth? Give me toppings, not just places.

Bob Sugar

Gut bomb? Mama’s pepperoni sausage

Super thin crust? Campisis “all the way”

Somewhere in the middle? Piatello Salame

Eight

intro-1594327418.jpg

had a room mate who swore there was nothing better than totino's pizza. then again he also never ate one where he wasn't stoned, three-sheets, or both so that might explain his love of them.

then again this was the same guy who one night had us drive all over ft worth with him while he was looking for a the white castle he KNEW had opened up over the summer​

Bob Sugar

intro-1594327418.jpg

had a room mate who swore there was nothing better than totino's pizza. then again he also never ate one where he wasn't stoned, three-sheets, or both so that might explain his love of them.

then again this was the same guy who one night had us drive all over ft worth with him while he was looking for a the white castle he KNEW had opened up over the summer​
To be fair, Totino’s Party Pizzas are delicious

Paul in uhh

I really like the Buffalo bros pepperoni.

Palio’s is great too but none of theirs is the best of the type that I’ve had.

Tried Zoli’s Fat Staxx (pepperoni, ricotta, rosemary and spicy honey) and it is excellent.

jake102

Campisi's is the most overrated place. Sorry Wex. It's solid but totally unremarkable.

Mellow Mushroom (various toppings, but pepperoni is great) is my favorite.

Paul in uhh

intro-1594327418.jpg

Was it Harold or Kumar?

Dogfrog

The only thing I don’t like is how long it takes. The product itself is delicious.

Agree it’s not about the pizza, and I don’t mind being at a restaurant for two hours if I am being attended to. I have sat down there and after 15-20 minutes have to go ask if we have a waiter, then go back and wait another 15 mins then walk out. Maybe an outlier, but not my problem anymore.

froginmn

To be fair, Totino’s Party Pizzas are delicious
To add to the derailment, I'll tell a story with additional background.

Totino's Italian Kitchen was a landmark restaurant in the St Anthony section of Minneapolis, just across the river from downtown and close to the U of M campus. It was next level good and my family went there for years when I was a kid. They also had the frozen food business and that made them wealthy enough that a private Catholic school was renamed Totino-Grace HS and still exists, not far from where @Peacefrog grew up.

Totino’s restaurant was awesome but about 20 years ago something happened and they moved up to the north suburbs. I went there a couple times but it was more cafeteria style and meh. Didn't last at all.

I still miss the original...