• The KillerFrogs

OSU Game Thread

ChrisHulce

black lab said:
1hoppyfrog, Who? Who is out there not coaching who can do a better job with the line? With the play calling? 

Who can walk right in without knowing these kids nor the opponents and do better?
Anybody ... my 7 year old! But CGP should be able to do it himself. He has enough football experience ... he should be able to do better then this.

Where did I say I was putting the loss all on the defense? However, its a team game. I think most would agree that the strength of this team is the defense. They deserve higher expectations than the rest of the team. They have to play lights out for 60 minutes to give us any chance. When we are within one score with 7 min left on the road they HAVE to make the stop. They dont get a pass. No excuses.
Everyone realizes it's a team game. But what is going on is beyond cliché and I don't even know why someone as contrarian as you would try to argue it. If we had an average offense, we would have won the game easily today. We have a bottom-ten offense in all of FBS. Our OC's are fools who can't even timely call a play in a hurry up for a critical 4th down. One half of our team is chronically undisciplined and just flat unprepared to play each week.

Until that changes, talking about one play here or one play there that the defense didn't make is just pissing in the wind.

B

black lab

cheese83, 

A very accurate point and something I mentioned in the game. Too many examples of the offense not paying attention to details which you don't see on the other side of the ball. 

1hoppyfrog,

I realize you are frustrated, but that is the problem. There is no one out there you would hire long term not working at this time and you don't hire someone only for two months.

Bizarro Frog

Not sure we make a bowl game. Odds are against it now.

Whoever is our QB recruiter is absolutely a dumb ass.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

ChrisHulce

black lab said:
cheese83, 

A very accurate point and something I mentioned in the game. Too many examples of the offense not paying attention to details which you don't see on the other side of the ball. 

1hoppyfrog,

I realize you are frustrated, but that is the problem. There is no one out there you would hire long term not working at this time and you don't hire someone only for two months.
Do we have a head coach? Or is he just a glorified defensive coordinator? Is this you Coach Anderson?

Dogfrog

More Frogs the Better said:
Everyone realizes it's a team game. But what is going on is beyond cliché and I don't even know why someone as contrarian as you would try to argue it. If we had an average offense, we would have won the game easily today. We have a bottom-ten offense in all of FBS. Our OC's are fools who can't even timely call a play in a hurry up for a critical 4th down. One half of our team is chronically undisciplined and just flat unprepared to play each week.

Until that changes, talking about one play here or one play there that the defense didn't make is just pissing in the wind.
BS. Our offense sucks and everybody knows that. Everybody who knows anything about TCU football knew that going in today. Our defense OTOH is great- one if the best in the country. I wont apologize for expecting them to step up and win games late. They sucked at the end. And dint tell me they were tired. TCU won TOP by 6 minutes.

B

black lab

Again, most head coaches are either delegators are focus on side of the ball.  Gary is the later and it is no different than Saban at Bama or Meyer at Ohio State.

It worked for Gary when he had capable people on the offensive side, but that isn't the case now. 

As painful as it is if TCU truly wants to do this change right they need to wait until seasons end and find the best people possible for them to hire.

Dogfrog said:
BS. Our offense sucks and everybody knows that. Everybody who knows anything about TCU football knew that going in today. Our defense OTOH is great- one if the best in the country. I wont apologize for expecting them to step up and win games late. They sucked at the end. And dint tell me they were tired. TCU won TOP by 6 minutes.

You just keep arguing that.  Someone will agree with you.  It won't be anyone who actually has been watching the games but you'll find someone.

Volare

"If it wasn't working we were gonna switch up some stuff on the play calling.

D still made a couple of mistakes.

Gave up ST TD. Over kicked

Disappointed two years in a row leaving Stillwater.

Don't know if it was a goodie putting in TM

We gotta catch balls

Gotta score one more point or d gotta score one less

Can't do anything about schedule. I hate off weeks.

Carried off 8-12 guys this week (injured)"

88.7 ktcu

Dogfrog

More Frogs the Better said:

You just keep arguing that.  Someone will agree with you.  It won't be anyone who actually has been watching the games but you'll find someone.
Not real concerned if anyone agrees with me, especially you.

rifram09

Volare said:
Don't know if it was a goodie putting in TM
#1 - Ugh! What? Why? He didn't do anything wrong. Then you put Boykin back in there and he throws a pick again. Wth?!?!?

#2 - did GMFP really say "goodie"