• The KillerFrogs

OSU Game Thread

TCUSA

Somebody tell me why GP is worried about scoring again?  Are those Oregon-type scoring drives any more draining to your D than the constant parade of 3 and outs we're doing with this abortion of an O?  Really?  At least if we were scoring, we'd be up 60-something less.  Ball control is for those who have the luxury of two or three NFL draft picks on the O-line.  Not for teams like ours.  This was the most nauseating TCU football I've watched over the last 30 years.

cheese83

I know most here won't admit it but our BCS bowls were only obtained bc we played in a joke of a conference. The rose bowl win was awesome but with our current foundation in place we are getting out coached & out recruited.

B

black lab

Tx_Krotenechse,

That sounds all fine and good in the real world, but if you blew out Anderson and Williamson exactly who do you hire right now?

UT had their replacement DC on retainer and he had been watching film up to that point. 

Who is up for TCU? Perry?

Texas doesn't view Robinson as the long term solution and anyone on the street at this and time place for the Frogs to hire isn't either.

That is the problem with this type of thing. Gary can't make a change until season ends. 

cheese83 said:
I know most here won't admit it but our BCS bowls were only obtained bc we played in a joke of a conference. The rose bowl win was awesome but with our current foundation in place we are getting out coached & out recruited.
So an Andy dalton led offense with Fuente calling the plays with our current defense wouldn't have won today's game?

HToady

When we're down by two scores with 3 minutes left, how do we get a delay of game penalty?????  

We don't seem to care, or are completely and utterly confused. 

Toadster

Anderson and Burns should be forced to rent a car or hitch hike back to Fort Worth. Our offense is a complete and utter mess. I have never seen a delay of game in the hurry up offense. Plays are constantly coming in late and there still terrible. Everybody enjoy the rest of your weekend.

ChrisHulce

Seriously think CGP should fire a coach! You could pull somebody off the street that could do better than anybody on the offensive side of the ball.

B

black lab

cheese83,

I would argue that TCU is being outrecruited on one side of the ball. Outside of OSU last year no team in the Big 12 has rolled up and down the field versus the TCU defense which is primarily lower regarded recruits.

We are however getting crushed on the offensive side in terms of scheme and player development.  Things must change. 

fff91

I don;t agree with that.  We won 7 games last year and easily would have won 9 or more if the drug bust and Pachall stuff hadn't occurred.  I do think it was unlikely we were going to come into the Big 12 and domindate it like the MWC.  It was going to take some time to build some depth.  These teams have had 20 years of BCS money as a head start.  However, the offensive ineptitude this year is awful.

cheese83

ArgyleFrog2010 said:
So an Andy dalton led offense with Fuente calling the plays with our current defense wouldn't have won today's game?
Would have had a good shot but we probably wouldn't have handled the grind & run the table like we did.

Dogfrog

Young and Horned said:
Really, going to put this on the defense? SMU would have scored 28 in first half with our defense.

Nothing should be put on the defense. Especially when they give the offense 4 turnovers and only get 3 points. Further, they are on the field all game.
Where did I say I was putting the loss all on the defense? However, its a team game. I think most would agree that the strength of this team is the defense. They deserve higher expectations than the rest of the team. They have to play lights out for 60 minutes to give us any chance. When we are within one score with 7 min left on the road they HAVE to make the stop. They dont get a pass. No excuses.

B

black lab

1hoppyfrog, Who? Who is out there not coaching who can do a better job with the line? With the play calling? 

Who can walk right in without knowing these kids nor the opponents and do better?

cheese83

black lab said:
cheese83,

I would argue that TCU is being outrecruited on one side of the ball. Outside of OSU last year no team in the Big 12 has rolled up and down the field versus the TCU defense which is primarily lower regarded recruits.

We are however getting crushed on the offensive side in terms of scheme and player development.  Things must change. 
We are being out coached too: penalties, a center who can't snap, disconnect between WRs & QB, slow starts, etc

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
cheese83 said:
We are being out coached too: penalties, a center who can't snap, disconnect between WRs & QB, slow starts, etc
That's the OC's job, Coach P should now take over on both sides.