• The KillerFrogs

Orlando Sentinel: First BCS Standings could be a [Deleted] catastrophe

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Orlando Sentinel: First BCS Standings could be a [Deleted] catastrophe

by matt murschel

You couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to begin the Bowl Championship Series Standings. That is, unless you are a supporter of the BCS. Hopefully, the coaches filled in their selections for the coaches' poll in pencil. Ohio State's loss at Wisconsin Saturday night opened the door for some serious reflection.

Oregon, which was on a bye week, should move up to No. 1 in both the coaches' poll and the Harris poll. Boise State and TCU should also move up to No. 2 and 3 respectfully. But after that it could be fun. Oklahoma beat Iowa State, 52-0 but after watching Auburn's impressive 65-43 win over Arkansas, many voters might move the Tigers past the Sooners into fourth place.
Despite a loss on their resume, Alabama moves up to No. 6 with their win over Ole Miss. LSU will move up to No. 7 with the Buckeyes landing at No. 8 following their loss. Utah and Michigan State should round out the top ten.

So what does that mean we will see in the first BCS Standings? The coaches’ poll and Harris poll each account for a third of the voting for the BCS with the computer rankings as the other part. Strength of schedule will come into play and if that’s the case, Boise State could be your first No. 1. TCU has a better SOS than the Ducks and could make a case for No. 2, which would be historic. Imagine two non-BCS schools grabbing the top two spots in the standings? If that happens, Oregon lands at No. 3 with Oklahoma at No. 4 and Auburn at No. 5.

sous vide

link doesn't work, what is the deleted word?

Go to their sports page and click there. (I had the same problem.)

You couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to begin the Bowl Championship Series Standings. That is, unless you are a supporter of the BCS. ...

So what does that mean we will see in the first BCS Standings? . . . Imagine two non-BCS schools grabbing the top two spots in the standings? If that happens, Oregon lands at No. 3 with Oklahoma at No. 4 and Auburn at No. 5.

The "deleted" is the mid-ma*** word.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Can't figure out why the link won't work ... wasn't a long story ... I posted it with apologies to the Sentinel ....

sous vide

Can't figure out why the link won't work ... wasn't a long story ... I posted it with apologies to the Sentinel ....

I do like the "logic"... Somehow if TCU-BSU should get to the top of the BCS ratings, there is something wrong that "supporters" of the BCS should worry about! Rather blatant admission of the real mission of the BCS, that.

Oh, and TCU-BSU are apparently NOT BCS schools to this reporter's mind.

sous vide

We arent BCS schools. Yes, we have gone to a BCS game, but we arent in a BCS conference...

Wrong. We are absolutely "BCS schools". What we are not is auto-qualifiers. We actually have to earn our way in against stacked rules written precisely to make that course difficult.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I fixed it, the dreaded word mid-ma_j_or was part of the URL and got sanitized by the board software. Should be working for everyone now.

Frog DJ

I loved the headline and the first two lines:

You couldn’t have asked for a more perfect way to begin the Bowl Championship Series Standings. That is, unless you are a supporter of the BCS.

I guess that means the writer is "a supporter of the BCS."

Go Frogs!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I loved the headline and the first two lines:

You couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to begin the Bowl Championship Series Standings. That is, unless you are a supporter of the BCS.

I guess that means the writer is "a supporter of the BCS."

Go Frogs!

I wouldn't assume that. Maybe he is, maybe not and just made that his lede.