• The KillerFrogs

Orangeblood.com: Kendall Sanders to decide Monday (today)

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
According to OB he will decide between TCU, Tech & OkieSt.

Kendall Sanders 6'1 170lb Athens, Tx) Possibly the best athlete in Texas put up 1000 yards receiving/1000 yard rushing and 24 Tds for Athens. On defense blocked 3 field goals and had 4 interceptions He has electric speed. Helped Athens to make the best run in school history to the semifinals. 40 inch Vertical. 4.45 Forty. Trains at APEC where numerous TCU athletes from East Texas have trained.

Nick Danger

Found this blurb on another UT related site . . .

Athens ATH Kendall Sanders to Decide Monday
Only days after receiving an invitation to the second Texas Junior Day, Athens ATH Kendall Sanders will reportedly decide between TCU, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State on Monday. Though he did not rule out a visit to Texas for JD2, it seems unlikely that the coaching staff that receives his commitment would care for him visiting Austin after giving a verbal pledge. Sanders did let it be known that he would prefer to play WR and would likely have been offered as a CB by the Longhorns.

Since we're still in it, I'm assuming that we're going to at least give him an opportunity to play WR!

frogbyproxy

Found this blurb on another UT related site . . .

Since we're still in it, I'm assuming that we're going to at least give him an opportunity to play WR!

We probably asked him if he wanted to take Kerley's place a step higher. Geesh if he jumps too hard we may have to call a time out for him to finally touch the ground. 40 inch? Wow!

Waccy Frog

He was apparently at Okie St just this weekend and liked it very much. I would expect him to go Okie Aggie based on timing, etc., but I don't really know and, hey, hope springs eternal.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
He was apparently at Okie St just this weekend and liked it very much. I would expect him to go Okie Aggie based on timing, etc., but I don't really know and, hey, hope springs eternal.

Don't have a feel for who wins in this battle but thought him leaving without committing was a good sign for TCU. Their staff still a little up in the air right now but they did get a big commit with WR Bralon Addison over the weekend.

cdsfrog

Don't have a feel for who wins in this battle but thought him leaving without committing was a good sign for TCU. Their staff still a little up in the air right now but they did get a big commit with WR Bralon Addison over the weekend.
amazing how well they recruit. considering they arent good very often. other than last year they have been mediocre the past decade

HFrog1999

The overall atmosphere at Oklahoma State, for regular students and student-athletes, spectacular.

That's a ridiculous statement. I had a full ride scholarship offer to Okie State but chose a much smaller scholarship to attend TCU. Okie state isn't even close to being as good of an environment for students and student-athletes as TCU. I chose TCU back in the 90's before it became the luxury resort it is now.

2themax

Make no doubt about it. Sanders' choice could very well signal either a positive momentum swing for the Frogs or a tough uphill battle. I'm sure the other targets are taking note.:unsure:

cdsfrog

That's a ridiculous statement. I had a full ride scholarship offer to Okie State but chose a much smaller scholarship to attend TCU. Okie state isn't even close to being as good of an environment for students and student-athletes as TCU. I chose TCU back in the 90's before it became the luxury resort it is now.

look who the response is from. Would you expect anything else? Okie state is not even a top 40 place to play at. The statement is beyond ridiculous, it's embarassing.

Best year basically in forever and they still can't get people to attend, pathetic. Typically it's way worse, pretty weak for student base of 23.5k

Frog89

you mean the 59th ranked capacity attendance. (85%) Impressive with 5000 average opponent attendance...lol

http://web1.ncaa.org...BS_CAPACITY.pdf

I remember watching an Okie State football game early in the season on TV, and noticing a ton of empty seats. And it's not like they have an 85,000 seat stadium like OU. I noticed that right after T Boone ragged on TCU's attendance.

'Spectacular' - probably not the adjective I would have used either.

cdsfrog

I remember watching an Okie State football game early in the season on TV, and noticing a ton of empty seats. And it's not like they have an 85,000 seat stadium like OU. I noticed that right after T Boone ragged on TCU's attendance.

'Spectacular' - probably not the adjective I would have used either.

85% includes season ticket holders and the student allotment to each game. Actual capacity was 75% and most years its 70%.

Houston Frog

look who the response is from. Would you expect anything else? Okie state is not even a top 40 place to play at. The statement is beyond ridiculous, it's embarassing.

Best year basically in forever and they still can't get people to attend, pathetic. Typically it's way worse, pretty weak for student base of 23.5k

Well, they're doing something right, they get a bunch of our kids we offer every single year. The facilities bought with the T Boone Pickens money are apparently 2nd to none, and that has a lot to do with their "appeal".

HFrog1999

Well, they're doing something right, they get a bunch of our kids we offer every single year. The facilities bought with the T Boone Pickens money are apparently 2nd to none, and that has a lot to do with their "appeal".

cash-wad.jpg

cdsfrog

Facilities, money for sure, nfl success etc.

In the end they have recruiters who sell the university really well. Turn [Craig James] into gold

Frog89

So far the OSU football accomplishments are still eerily similar to a school like Tech. A 50-60K stadium that fills up some days and doesn't on others. No BCS, no top 10 finish or conference titles to show for all of that talent they are supposedly taking away from us. Agree on the facilities. That's what T Boone money will do.. But not much else to show for it on the field or with better attendance. No matter how good everyone thinks OSU is, you pretty much know OU will win that game every year. Like Tech, they are a state school that is going to get their share of good players.