• The KillerFrogs

on3: 4-star QB Jaden Rashada reportedly set to visit TCU

East Coast

Tier 1
I suspect the culture/chemistry of the 2022 Frog football team was the primary reason for the team overachieving and getting to the championship game. I suspect Duggan was THE player leader in that and it may never be matched again. TCU got the Duggan Special—a magical year.

Be careful, and don’t bring in a rotten egg to stink it up. Carefully evaluate team leaders (inherent in the QB position) for that culture that brought the team success this past season.

I don’t know how you offer an incoming QB a big money NIL deal without offering the same to Chandler Morris.

Besides, I thought the rule was that you couldn’t offer NIL money to lure recruits—why does this continue to be ignored. The NIL program and opportunity can be discussed, but the realized NIL dollar numbers are suppose to come after you join the team.
Max and Big Steve on offense, Newton and I hear Perry on D.

82 Frog Fever

From Andrew Miller at Hook‘em Headlines—
According to a report from Jeremy Clark of 247Sports on Jan. 23 (paid content), Rashada has past connections to the recently-hired OC Briles. The former Arkansas Razorbacks offensive coordinator is reportedly set to make the trip out to California later this week to visit Rashada.

Briles apparently recruited Rashada when he was on staff under head coach Sam Pittman at Arkansas. Those early efforts and connections that Briles formed with Rashada and people in his camp could pay off now that he is at TCU and the five-star quarterback is looking for a new collegiate destination.
Rashada just visited ASU last weekend and he has the same sort of relationship with ASU head coach Dillingham. Dillingham recruited Rashada last spring to Oregon before he got money whipped to Miami/Florida.
Rashada’s dad, Harlen, also played for the Sun Devils in the ‘90s

We got some work to do, I hope we can reel this kid in.

Frogenstein

Besides, I thought the rule was that you couldn’t offer NIL money to lure recruits—why does this continue to be ignored. The NIL program and opportunity can be discussed, but the realized NIL dollar numbers are suppose to come after you join the team.
Are you telling me teams are breaking the recruiting rules in college football? I am shocked. What’s next, politicians telling lies to get elected?

puckster59

I remember a baseball saying: "There is no greater curse to lay on a young player than 'potential.'" In this NIL World, the curse applies to both ends. We apparently balked at $500K for Evans, who was an electric talent in the few runs we saw him take and thus had demonstrated that he could indeed "do it." So, he went on his merry way to get that amount from Ole Miss, who got very, very little for their substantial investment.
Rebels are about to Miss on a few more investments, too.

CryptoMiner

Did that happen at Arky?

Love your excitement man!

He recruited well to Arky which was at the lower end of the SEC. Now he is recruiting to the top of the B12.

Get over it and your faux high and mightiness.

He is our guy now and possibly bringing in one of our best recruits ever right off the bat and no it doesn't affect the female population at TCU despite your attempts to make it so.

PineyWoodsFrog

The moment TCU was mentioned as the potential top spot. I can't remember who it was but who was the 5* recruit we signed and within a few weeks after he signed they dropped him to a 4*? There must be some vortex over campus that sucks out one star once they commit....it's science.
Wasn't that Shawn Robinson?

Eight

Wasn't that Shawn Robinson?

happened with shawn first, he was rated higher before the start of his senior season and fell a bit during that year

then it happened again with justin rogers as he was a 5-star coming into his senior season, had the horrific injury, and the rating fell

Last edited:

BleedNPurple

you need one governing body with true authority to set guidelines, negotiate cba's, and enforce penalties so most likely never
I think this NIL thing is either going to run its course and die because the players can’t meet the expectations or it’s going to go from high stakes poker to something more reasonable.
Lissez-faire economics has over shot the mark at the moment.

NewFrogFan

Can we afford this young man? Is he THAT good? Perhaps since that NIL deal fell through he will be more reasonable with his $$ wants? I mean, he is visiting ASU too - I doubt highly they would pay that kind of money.

TCU would be a good landing spot for him if he really wants to shine and play football with a top notch program.

That link in the article has Miami as the favorite to land him.
I see another Qwinn Ewers type deal. Too many schools getting Lugenbilled these days.

Latest posts