• The KillerFrogs

on3: 4-star QB Jaden Rashada reportedly set to visit TCU

Eight

TCU showed up to a NC and had a Heisman finalist yet can’t get an elite QB??? what’s wrong with this situation.

you really have to ask this question?

hmmm....most 2023 high school prospects of this level committed long ago and signed in december so they are off the table

this young man is available because something "fell through" at florida and the frogs are now competing with other programs, some with no starter and open check books

the frogs seem to be pitching a keep what you kill theme for their nil program instead of drunken sailor on shore leave in manila

as pointed out, frogs have garnered the pledge of a top prospect, might just be a case of bad timing

82 Frog Fever

TCU showed up to a NC and had a Heisman finalist yet can’t get an elite QB??? what’s wrong with this situation.
Nobody thought Sam Jackson was leaving, so QB wasn’t a top priority.
Ironically, Sam was probably a better fit than Chandler in a KB offense.
There will be plenty in the spring, but we probably need 2 now.

Mean Purple

Nobody thought Sam Jackson was leaving, so QB wasn’t a top priority.
Ironically, Sam was probably a better fit than Chandler in a KB offense.
There will be plenty in the spring, but we probably need 2 now.
Will be interesting to see how much size Chandler puts on in the off season. When you look at QB's who have done well with KB, they are along the size of what Max was this year. 6 feet or taller and tough/strong run ability. Speed. Plus accuracy. I think Chandler is 6 ft. Think Sam is maybe just under 6 ft. Then again, may not really matter.

CryptoMiner

"if NIL is one of the deciding factors for this kid then he's highly unlikely to choose TCU. We're simply not going to get in that game with HS kids. So anyone who's afraid that we might break the bank on this kid and have nothing left for others can put those fears aside. "

Maybe you should listen to Chad Simmons as he seems to disagree....

Briles in Cali today. He has been all over the place hitting it hard for TCU.

Eight

Will be interesting to see how much size Chandler puts on in the off season. When you look at QB's who have done well with KB, they are along the size of what Max was this year. 6 feet or taller and tough/strong run ability. Speed. Plus accuracy. I think Chandler is 6 ft. Think Sam is maybe just under 6 ft. Then again, may not really matter.

not his qb at houston

Interesting and Rashada may be great for the 2024 season and beyond but you don’t want to depend on a true freshman to win games in 2023. Arch Manning wants a year of development before playing. Duggan said he was in over his head as a freshman and he was at TCU in the spring if I remember correctly.

It is rare for a true freshman to be good and it was ridiculous that Duggan was thrown into the fire. QB was a big part of Patterson’s downfall. Neither Shawn Robinson nor Justin Rogers coming to fruition and Duggan with health/injury issues and needing years to be his best.

I am still sore that TCU lost Jackson as I was looking forward to seeing what he could do with his feet and arm. Looked like he could maybe move and elude like Boykin, maybe better.

Last edited:
And I will say it again—schools aren’t suppose to use NIL dollar amounts to lure and sell recruits. I guess only being able to speak of the NIL program, it’s opportunity and potential at TCU.

If TCU does offer up dollar numbers and a contract to lure him, then it seems you need to provide Chandler Morris an equal amount.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

I think the Briles relationship is a bigger deal along with the fact we don't have a QB in this class. And while it's true that I'm sure he would get some NIL money here we absolutely aren't going to be breaking the bank.

The interesting thing here is that if it truly does come down to either TCU or ASU then it seems like ASU just isn't doing much of anything at all with NIL. TCU focuses most of their efforts on player retention with just a little going toward new guys but just a little is obviously more than nothing at all. So in an NIL duel with ASU (or really just about anyone in the PAC outside of USC or Oregon) then TCU is at least even if not ahead.

I still stand by my statement though that if NIL was really a deciding factor for this kid then he'd go elsewhere. If he comes to TCU it's not a gone to the highest bigger type of situation. I think the fact that ASU and TCU seem to be his top choices indicates that NIL actually isn't that big of a factor for him. But maybe it will be the tiebreaker between those two schools and if so advantage Frogs.

I do think he'll choose TCU by the way. Just a guess on my part. I have no inside information on what he's thinking. Just putting together the tea leaves. But I also thought Howard was going to choose TCU and it didn't happen so what the hell do I know?

Last edited:

LisaLT

I think the Briles relationship is a bigger deal along with the fact we don't have a QB in this class. And while it's true that I'm sure he would get some NIL money here we absolutely aren't going to be breaking the bank.

The interesting thing here is that if it truly does come down to either TCU or ASU then it seems like ASU just isn't doing much of anything at all with NIL. TCU focuses most of their efforts on player retention with just a little going toward new guys but just a little is obviously more than nothing at all. So in an NIL duel with ASU (or really just about anyone in the PAC outside of USC) then TCU is at least even if not ahead.

I still stand by my statement though that if NIL was really a deciding factor for this kid then he'd go elsewhere. If he comes to TCU it's not a gone to the highest bigger type of situation. I think the fact that ASU and TCU seem to be his top choices indicates that NIL actually isn't that big of a factor for him. But maybe it will be the tiebreaker between those two schools and if so advantage Frogs.

I do think he'll choose TCU by the way. Just a guess on my part. I have no inside information on what he's thinking. Just putting together the tea leaves. But I also thought Howard was going to choose TCU and it didn't happen so what the hell do I know?
You would also think our recent success would play a factor.

CardFrog

The interesting thing here is that if it truly does come down to either TCU or ASU then it seems like ASU just isn't doing much of anything at all with NIL. TCU focuses most of their efforts on player retention with just a little going toward new guys but just a little is obviously more than nothing at all. So in an NIL duel with ASU (or really just about anyone in the PAC outside of USC or Oregon) then TCU is at least even if not ahead.

So if Briles lands this cat does that mean some of you will change your minds and renew your season tickets?