• The KillerFrogs

on3: 4-star QB Jaden Rashada reportedly set to visit TCU

ticketfrog123

Pretty embarrassing we lost a recruiting battle to ASU and went 0-3 on QBs after a playoff win

JC on the other board talked these up as locks

Our NIL group must be a mess. Probably time to replace them

Eight

Pretty embarrassing we lost a recruiting battle to ASU and went 0-3 on QBs after a playoff win

not the first locks jeremy has "missed on" and won't be the last so i guess you will have to learn to deal w it

as far as the supposition the frogs have been outbid each time is it really any different than telling a recruit what they want versus what is best for your program?

82 Frog Fever

Losing Sam Jackson is looking worse by the week. I wonder what Dykes’ thoughts were on Jackson at QB — did he want and try to keep him at TCU?

Nobody has replaced Jackson for those important spring reps; to learn the new Briles offense. To step in if Morris gets injured. Morris might get hurt in fall camp.

Redshirt freshman, Josh Hoover, better be good; he is Morris’ backup, QB2, but we have heard nothing about him.

Trent Battle — redshirt sophomore — maybe he moves back to QB to compete with Hoover for QB2. I assume Battle has a questionable passing game or he would not have moved to RB, but he can run and is well built.
The RB room is also lacking, so we need a good RB, and 2 new QBs with one to compete with Chandler for #1.

Eight

The RB room is also lacking, so we need a good RB, and 2 new QBs with one to compete with Chandler for #1.

the rb room does have bodies, not many proven bodies, but you have bailey, battle, and wren who got carries last year, sanders is transferring in and then the frosh signee plus the possibility of grabbing someone out of the portal next go round

qb room is the two plus the wo's until the next go round in the portal

a positive is hoover is going to get a ton of reps, downside is you are not going to get a competitive spring, but we are a VERY long way from august and i am fairly certain sonny and briles know and will address the qb depth chart

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

the rb room does have bodies, not many proven bodies, but you have bailey, battle, and wren who got carries last year, sanders is transferring in and then the frosh signee plus the possibility of grabbing someone out of the portal next go round

qb room is the two plus the wo's until the next go round in the portal

a positive is hoover is going to get a ton of reps, downside is you are going to get a competitive spring, but we are a VERY long way from august and i am fairly certain sonny and briles know and will address the qb depth chart
Mostly agree.
I‘d feel better about the RBs if we knew Sander’s could still play at a high level.
If he can’t, the current RB room is Bailey, a couple of very mediocre pass catching backs, & a skinny fast freshman with a lot of potential.

I know Sonny understands the QB situation, and I have every faith Sonny & KB will make the needed portal moves in the fall.

I wonder how much coaches “actually know” about some of these portal players. I assume the coaches believe Sander’s is still good, but how did they make that evaluation?

Also, Kaz has 8 months to put 15 lbs of muscle on Cook. I hope that’s doable.

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

not the first locks jeremy has "missed on" and won't be the last so i guess you will have to learn to deal w it

as far as the supposition the frogs have been outbid each time is it really any different than telling a recruit what they want versus what is best for your program?
Everyone claims Rashada was all about QB development all of a sudden - did somebody say we got outbid?

Eight

Mostly agree.
I‘d feel better about the RBs if we knew Sander’s could still play at a high level.
If he can’t, the current RB room is Bailey, a couple of very mediocre pass catching backs, & a skinny fast freshman with a lot of potential.

I know Sonny understands the QB situation, and I have every faith Sonny & KB will make the needed portal moves in the fall.

I wonder how much coaches “actually know” about some of these portal players. I assume the coaches believe Sander’s is still good, but how did they make that evaluation?

Also, Kaz has 8 months to put 15 lbs of muscle on Cook. I hope that’s doable.

the rb coach has actually been very high on battle's potential and he has a pretty solid track record at memphis

regarding info on transfers, believe that is something jordan and his staff focus upon. one would think they do some due diligence on injuries etc....as well as project fit into the frogs offensive and defensive schemes

every transfer wasn't a homerun last year, but there weren't many who didn't contribute on both sides of the ball

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

I don’t think we were outbid for Rashada. His parents came out and said that they were not interested in NIL deals this second time around after things fell thru with Florida. ASU is just a better fit for him. His dad played there and apparently he has some kind of prior experience/relationship with their head coach. It is what it is.

We don't need or want guys here that don't want to be here. Bleed purple or bleed out.