• The KillerFrogs

Olympics Thread

Pharm Frog

I have a wife who was a competitive dancer. My oldest was a competitive dancer and then a Showgirl. My middle daughter was a competitive dancer, a Kilgore Rangerette, and is now on the Aggie dance team. My youngest is an 8th grader and also a competitive dancer. They were/are all very good. All 4 have strong negative opinions on the matter.

Inferring from texts she this morning I suspect to discover the same but might be tempered by 9a tomorrow

I don't know anything about gymnastics or Biles specifically, and certainly don't wish her any ill will, but this media portrayal of her as some kind of a hero is ridiculous (not that she controls that). She quit on her team when she was physically able to perform. If Tom Brady warmed up for the Super Bowl and then declined to play because he was under too much pressure, he would never live that down in a million years. What's the difference?

Moose Stuff

I don't know anything about gymnastics or Biles specifically, and certainly don't wish her any ill will, but this media portrayal of her as some kind of a hero is ridiculous (not that she controls that). She quit on her team when she was physically able to perform. If Tom Brady warmed up for the Super Bowl and then declined to play because he was under too much pressure, he would never live that down in a million years. What's the difference?

He’s a man and she’s a woman (at least I assume that’s how they both identify). That’s the only difference.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I imagine whoever the girl was that was the first one to not make the team would have pushed through.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Wait, Japan won softball? And why didn’t they buy new ribbons for the medals? It’s 2021 right? Covid has made it all very confusing but I am at least 72 percent confident it’s 2021.

Moose Stuff

First night I’ve actually tried to watch the Olympics. I don’t know how people watch this [ Finebaum ]. No fans, masks for no reason whatsoever, the worst commercials I’ve ever seen, social justice everywhere….. I can’t do it man.

PO Frog

I have a wife who was a competitive dancer. My oldest was a competitive dancer and then a Showgirl. My middle daughter was a competitive dancer, a Kilgore Rangerette, and is now on the Aggie dance team. My youngest is an 8th grader and also a competitive dancer. They were/are all very good. All 4 have strong negative opinions on the matter.

does she have to do that thing where they kick each other in the nuts?

Bob Sugar

First night I’ve actually tried to watch the Olympics. I don’t know how people watch this [ #2020 ]. No fans, masks for no reason whatsoever, the worst commercials I’ve ever seen, social justice everywhere….. I can’t do it man.
DVR man. Fast forward through lame content and commercials. College and pro football is the ONLY thing watched live in my home.

Brevity Frog

Wetzel article on Yahoo refers to Biles’s use of medication and therapy to deal with these issues over the years. These Olympic handlers and coaches know these gymnasts very well and they had to know this. They propped her up and billed her as the GOAT anyway. She just wasn’t able to handle it. Neither she nor her Olympic handlers should have let things get this far.