1. The KillerFrogs
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State opens as 12-point favorite over TCU

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, May 25, 2018.

1. If I was still a betting man - I would take the points.

Tom Brown likes this.
  2. I wondered how the line would open. 12 points doesn't surprise me one way or the other.

3. Wow. That’s a big number. Yeesh

4. No problem with this line. Gives Gary more ammo to work the team up with.

NewFrogFan likes this.
  5. Sounds a bit high considering that both squads will be starting new QBs (not counting Robinson’s start in Lubbock).

ShreveFrog likes this.
  6. I would have guesses 9.5. 12 seems high with how good TCU's defense will be. Should be able to keep them in the 20's, just depends on if we can score.

7. Wish it was higher but I like this news a lot.

TCU_91 and Boomhauer like this.
  8. It seems weird to issue a line this early...

9. #10 Wexahu, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Yep. I expect a grind-it-out, field position kind of game. There's little doubt in my mind that GP is going to play it very close to the vest on O and rely on his defense to keep it close into the 4th quarter. I think they'll have some trouble moving the ball consistently on us, it'll come down to whether we can do anything offensively without turning it over. Their D-line vs our O-line is the matchup that concerns me.

purplePPO likes this.
  10. Easy money on TCU to cover.

11. Vegas knows ... Hopefully this gap is to attract people to bet and as the day gets closer the number gets lower. Or Vegas thinks Ohio State is going to have one heck of a team.

12. Exactly where we want them

Raw Frog likes this.
  13. That’s high IMO.

tcuball3 and froginmn like this.
  14. It will come down especially after we play a game.

15. Other TCU games listed:

TCU vs UT-pick em
    TCU -12 vs KansSt

16. Interesting....considering that Ohio state has been ranked rather high in many pre-season polls.

17. The opening spread is based strictly on where the teams rank in the computer strength models. The computers think that OSU is 12 points better than we are.

18. Good thing we play them in a field not inside a compruter