• The KillerFrogs

Oh what a tangeled web we weeve

TCUFrogs

Recall what happened with lying to the NCAA??

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5151539
Cowboys rookie receiver Dez Bryant has denied that a question from Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland in a predraft interview asking if his mother was a prostitute was prompted by something Bryant said.

"No, I didn't tell him my dad was a pimp," Bryant said in a text message to ESPN's Ed Werder on Thursday.

ESPN.com's Matt Mosley confirmed through a league source details of the conversation, first reported by SI.com earlier Friday, in which Ireland asked Bryant -- during a talk about Bryant's upbringing and relationship with family members --- what his father did for a living when Bryant was growing up, which prompted this exchange:

Bryant: "My dad was a pimp."

Ireland: "What did your mom do [for a living]?"

Bryant: "She worked for my dad."

Ireland: "Your mom was a prostitute?"

Bryant: "No, she wasn't a prostitute."

Following the Cowboys' first rookie minicamp Friday, Bryant was asked about the conversation in the SI.com story.

"No, that's a lie," he said to reporters. "I really don't want to speak on that."

Ireland apologized to Bryant on Tuesday for asking whether his mother was a prostitute in an interview during the former Oklahoma State player's trip to the Dolphins in March.

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm considering drafting. Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions," Ireland said Tuesday in a statement released by the Dolphins. "Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him."

Ireland received permission from the Cowboys' front office Tuesday to speak with Bryant, the 24th pick of the first round.

Yahoo! Sports first reported that during one of his predraft visits, Bryant was asked by a high-level executive of one NFL franchise -- during an extensive conversation about Bryant's past -- whether his mother, Angela, was a prostitute.

"No, my mom is not a prostitute," Bryant told Yahoo! Sports. "I got mad -- really mad -- but I didn't show it. I got a lot of questions like that: Does she still do drugs? I sat and answered all of them."

The backgrounds of Bryant and his mother were widely reported prior to the draft. Angela was only 15 when Dez was born, and she served time in jail for selling crack cocaine.

Information from ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins was used in this report.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Did we expect differently? I didn't.

Jerry Jones has made another poor choice. Yet another reason why I refuse to go to death star or support the cowgirls until real change has been made.

Trelvis

Who cares? The guy was drafted to play football not be a saint.

When he has off the field problems for drugs and stuff like that come talk to me. At this point he is just an immature kid.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 02:40 PM) [snapback]553406[/snapback]
Not a story. Manufactured by Werder. Werder is the bad actor here, not Bryant.

Werder didn't break it. SI did.

SnoSki

So what if his dad is a pimp and his mom is his lady of the night?? Does it really matter how well dez jumps to catch the football for a TD over D. Revis?

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 30 2010, 02:33 PM) [snapback]553395[/snapback]
Well to be fair....... Why does he have to be the one lying? The GM could be the one lying.....

Possible.

If you watch one of the parts of the video (on TV--for some reason it's not in the linked clip) and see his reaction, it looks like he was not surprised by the information. Could be telling--that reaction. He looks like he wants to squirm away and not discuss it.

But he is the one who brought this on himself. He disclosed this story in the first place. For what??

So, he calls an NFL general manger a liar. This, after having been suspended for dishonesty in dealings with the NCAA. He also had a history of prima donna behavior in Stillwater. Bad pattern.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(landfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 02:45 PM) [snapback]553414[/snapback]
What happened to getting the whole story before you go to "print" or "air"?

Died when Al Gore invented the Internet......

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(landfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 02:33 PM) [snapback]553396[/snapback]
Did we expect differently? I didn't.

Jerry Jones has made another poor choice. Yet another reason why I refuse to go to death star or support the cowgirls until real change has been made.

Poor choice?
Why?
Dez = Greatness!

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Apr 30 2010, 02:37 PM) [snapback]553402[/snapback]
Who cares? The guy was drafted to play football not be a saint.

When he has off the field problems for drugs and stuff like that come talk to me. At this point he is just an immature kid.

How old before he is a responsible adult?

The problem is when it is a pattern. 1 or 2 times of gettting in trouble are events. Repeated behavior means there is continued desire to keep at it. That could be a problem on any team. The Cowboys have had a couple of those.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(landfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 02:45 PM) [snapback]553414[/snapback]
What happened to getting the whole story before you go to "print" or "air"?

You mean Dez Bryant leaked part of the interview, and now the rest of the story is coming out? Is that it?

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 30 2010, 01:47 PM) [snapback]553417[/snapback]
Poor choice?
Why?
Dez = Greatness!

Other teams stayed away from him in the draft for a reason. Is he good at football? Yes.

Does he have a pattern of issues? Yes

After interviewing people for numerous years, I agree by his reaction that the GM said it on the context now being revealed. What kind of idiot says their dad was a pimp in an interview? Dez

Just wait for his off the field problems in 3-2-1....

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 30 2010, 02:52 PM) [snapback]553424[/snapback]
Hopefully it happens on the field.

I'm sure it will.
If anyone isn't sure if he is good, think about this strange coincidence:
He was suspended a week before Okie Light played TEXAS.
This fact did not get past 2314.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 30 2010, 01:56 PM) [snapback]553425[/snapback]
I'm sure it will.
If anyone isn't sure if he is good, think about this strange coincidence:

I dont think anyone is questioning if he is good.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(landfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 02:52 PM) [snapback]553423[/snapback]
Other teams stayed away from him in the draft for a reason. Is he good at football? Yes.

Does he have a pattern of issues? Yes

After interviewing people for numerous years, I agree by his reaction that the GM said it on the context now being revealed. What kind of idiot says their dad was a pimp in an interview? Dez

Yep, and that he brought this on himself by coming out with the first part of the story is the shocking part. Was he so pissed off about being questioned in the first place that he wanted some heads to roll or what? How did this story first get out?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 30 2010, 02:56 PM) [snapback]553425[/snapback]

Actually he missed FOUR games prior to the OSU/UT game. And four games after it, too. And the offical NCAA suspension was issued Oct 7th - 24 days before the UT game.

Those facts must have gotten past you.