• The KillerFrogs

Oh what a tangeled web we weeve

steelfrog

Tier 1
Look, here is the final word, OK?

First of all, you all know I detest the Cryboys and Smiley Jones. I also dislike the football OSU Cowboys.

HOWEVER--

Exhibit A--this is not Dez doing anything wrong--it is a member of the media elite being what they are best at being--an asshat.

Exhibit B--this is a KID. Good Lord, the things I was doing when I was 20. (And look at me now!!!)

These kids have to grow up very unlike most of us--everything they say or do is in the public spotlight, and it's not fair.

So, here is the command:

Cut the kid some slack and get off his back.

There will be no more posts on this topic--this thread is locked.

That is all.

Thank you. Thank you very much. Good to see you! How are you? Hi, how are ya? Good to see you. Bye now. See you soon. B-bye. Have a good one. Allright. Bye now. Take care.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:58 PM) [snapback]553519[/snapback]
Exhibit B--this is a KID. Good Lord, the things I was doing when I was 20. (And look at me now!!!)

yes....look at you now. :biggrin:

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 02:58 PM) [snapback]553519[/snapback]
Look, here is the final word, OK?

First of all, you all know I detest the Cryboys and Smiley Jones. I also dislike the football OSU Cowboys.

HOWEVER--

Exhibit A--this is not Dez doing anything wrong--it is a member of the media elite being what they are best at being--an asshat.

These kids have to grow up very unlike most of us--everything they say or do is in the public spotlight, and it's not fair.

So, here is the command:

Cut the kid some slack and get off his back.

There will be no more posts on this topic--this thread is locked.

That is all.

Thank you. Thank you very much. Good to see you! How are you? Hi, how are ya? Good to see you. Bye now. See you soon. B-bye. Have a good one. Allright. Bye now. Take care.

At 20 he is still a kid?

I thought he is now considered a professional football player. Heck, I would even think a "kid", say 15 year old, would know know to say their parent was a pimp during an interview.

weklfrog

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 01:58 PM) [snapback]553519[/snapback]

He doesn't have to grow up in the public spotlight...he chooses to accept millions of dollars in pay, being in the public spotlight comes with the paycheck.

I agree it is a lot about little, but the kid does have a rep for being a prima donna, chronic tardiness, lying about his meeting with Deion and quite possibly lying about how the interview went down. Some possible red flags in there somewhere.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:58 PM) [snapback]553519[/snapback]

Wasn't he the one who brought it up in the first place? Why?

How would any media know about or have reason to ask him "so what questions did you not like in the pre-draft interview process from a different team than the one that drafted you?" Do you think there was public knowledge of the interview before Dez blurted it out?? Even still, who spills half of the information knowing that it is out of context and can come back to bite them?

If Dez is not doing anything wrong, then what is accusing an NFL GM of dishonesty? It is there in the transcript in black and white. It is a problem for regular people who get involved in HR issues. Sometimes people get fired.

YA

Just so I understand--just because your father is a pimp this means your mother is a prostitute? Asking the second question is still wrong.

Anyway, I really don't care--just catch the ball and shut the heck up!!!!

TheSheik

QUOTE(YA @ Apr 30 2010, 04:24 PM) [snapback]553539[/snapback]
Just so I understand--just because your father is a pimp this means your mother is a prostitute? Asking the second question is still wrong.

Theres probably a pretty good chance she might be IF he said she worked for him

TCUFrogs

Did you watch the video to see the context?

The problem---as pointed out by RSF----is that he did't shut the heck up. That is how this came out in the first place. He brought it up. And now he is impugning an NFL GM by doing so. What kind of teamate will that be on the team with similar subsequent behavior? Will it affect his pass catching if he doesn't get along on the team?

This from the story: during a talk about Bryant's upbringing and relationship with family members --- what his father did for a living when Bryant was growing up, which prompted this exchange:

Bryant: "My dad was a pimp."

Ireland: "What did your mom do [for a living]?"

Bryant: "She worked for my dad."

Ireland: "Your mom was a prostitute?"

Bryant: "No, she wasn't a prostitute."

Following the Cowboys' first rookie minicamp Friday, Bryant was asked about the conversation in the SI.com story.

"No, that's a lie," he said to reporters. "I really don't want to speak on that."

steelfrog

Tier 1
You are all a bunch of [ floppy ricardo ], jealous wannabe morons.

Don't you have anything better to do with your time than stalk a 20 year old with diarrhea of the mouth?

tcudoc

He said she worked for his dad. What other people work for pimps? Maybe she did his taxes? Personal assistant? Recruiter of prostitutes? PR person? So many possiblities. It was outrageous of the Miami guy to make this assumption :rolleyes:

Trelvis

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 30 2010, 07:49 PM) [snapback]553418[/snapback]
How old before he is a responsible adult?

The problem is when it is a pattern. 1 or 2 times of gettting in trouble are events. Repeated behavior means there is continued desire to keep at it. That could be a problem on any team. The Cowboys have had a couple of those.

Sorry, shouldnt have said kid, he is just an immature person and still has some growing up to do.

What are his patterns of getting in trouble? Not fessing up about having dinner with Deion Sanders? What has he been in trouble for? The only thing I have heard is that he has a problem with being on time which goes back to his immaturity issues.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:37 PM) [snapback]553547[/snapback]

Don't you have anything better to do with your time than stalk a 20 year old with diarrhea of the mouth?

Aren't you an attorney? Far from stalking, counselor. This is a message board. A subject was borught up. People type their opinions. Seems like your post was diarrhea of the keyboard.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 04:37 PM) [snapback]553547[/snapback]

Nice professional response there. He brought the Miami GM into it.

Maybe you need glasses.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 03:58 PM) [snapback]553520[/snapback]
yes....look at you now. :biggrin:

Doing immoral things with wolves ...

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 30 2010, 09:46 PM) [snapback]553557[/snapback]
Nice professional response there.

Professional in what sense? is anyone a professional on here--I mean aside from Wes and Scott who make the big bucks operating this site? On the backs of hard-working provacateurs like Steel?

YA

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 30 2010, 04:35 PM) [snapback]553545[/snapback]
Did you watch the video to see the context?

The problem---as pointed out by RSF----is that he did't shut the heck up. That is how this came out in the first place. He brought it up. And now he is impugning an NFL GM by doing so. What kind of teamate will that be on the team with similar subsequent behavior? Will it affect his pass catching if he doesn't get along on the team?

This from the story: during a talk about Bryant's upbringing and relationship with family members --- what his father did for a living when Bryant was growing up, which prompted this exchange:
Bryant: "My dad was a pimp."

Ireland: "What did your mom do [for a living]?"

Bryant: "She worked for my dad."

Ireland: "Your mom was a prostitute?"

Bryant: "No, she wasn't a prostitute."

Following the Cowboys' first rookie minicamp Friday, Bryant was asked about the conversation in the SI.com story.
"No, that's a lie," he said to reporters. "I really don't want to speak on that."

Nope--did not watch the video. GM should not have asked the question regardless.

Anyway, still don't care if he killed 40 people or not--just catch the ball and shut up. Play ball.

Frogenstein

The GM should have phrased the question in a different manner such as: "In what capacity did your mother work for your father?" Sometimes words matter in this pc world we are so blessed to live in.

police1287

Well iam not really sure about how these things will play out.Does the guy have serious issues i dont know.Is he or the Gm lying i dont know.Will he overcome these problems.i dont know.But what i do know is that on the biggest day of his football life,when he was getting drafted by a NFL football team,he didnt even care enough to pull his pants up much past his knees on national television.