• The KillerFrogs

Oh what a tangeled web we weeve

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(57Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:04 PM) [snapback]553437[/snapback]
TCUFROGS , any chance you could downsize your signature . I would appreciate it .
I'm not trying to be a jerk .

I will try.

MO Frogs

What frigin difference does it make what his mother did for a living?? He not running for president, the media is just trying to create contraversy and exploit this young man before he even steps on the playing field. Did anyone see the Blind Side? I imagine that a lot of kids in the NFL came from storied pasts. What matters is that they worked had to get out of the situation they were born into and deserve credit for it. Who is mother is/was is none of the medias damn business.

This really pisses me off. Whoever this classless, tasteless, POS reporter is deserves to be fired for having no integrity.

Seriously where is Mike Gundy when you need him! All over again!

micahjh

I believe that individuals are responsible for their own actions, and I dont like the tendency in our society to make everyone a victim. That said, yall are being way to quick to judge Dez, and label him an off the field liability. What has he ever done that is so wrong off the field? I mean him personally. He cant help that his mom and dad are degenerates. He also cant help that Deion Sanders used him to promote his football camp. Yes he should have been more upfront with the NCAA about his meetings with Sanders (which were perfectly legal), but he has already paid for that relatively minor issue by missing out on a big chunk of the season.

Its funny to me that someone like Sergio Kindle who actually has had some REAL off the field problems (drunk driving) isnt being labeled as an off the field liability, but Dez Bryant, whos only crimes are being born into a horrendous family situation, and allowing Primetime to use him, and not being upfront about it when questioned. Its kinda sick and twisted the way the media picks and chooses who they label as problems and who gets a free pass. Its also a bit disturbing the way so many just mindlessly buy into the media labels without really even looking into the situation to form their own opinion. But I guess some level of intelligence, and a bit less self righteousness is required for that.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(MO Frogs @ Apr 30 2010, 03:23 PM) [snapback]553465[/snapback]
What frigin difference does it make what his mother did for a living?? He not running for president, the media is just trying to create contraversy and exploit this young man before he even steps on the playing field. Did anyone see the Blind Side? I imagine that a lot of kids in the NFL came from storied pasts. What matters is that they worked had to get out of the situation they were born into and deserve credit for it. Who is mother is/was is none of the medias damn business.

This really pisses me off. Whoever this classless, tasteless, POS reporter is deserves to be fired for having no integrity.

It was Dez Bryant who 1st made this public. He shuts his trap, nobody knows about it.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 02:26 PM) [snapback]553473[/snapback]
It was Dez Bryant who 1st made this public. He shuts his trap, nobody knows about it.

Exactly.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(57Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:04 PM) [snapback]553437[/snapback]
TCUFROGS , any chance you could downsize your signature . I would appreciate it .
I'm not trying to be a jerk .

Done. Is it better now?

micahjh

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 03:26 PM) [snapback]553473[/snapback]

Really? How did he make it public? I think you mean that he wanted to clarify what was already public, by making a public statement. I doubt very seriously that he intentionally wanted all of this about his parents to be flying all over the internet.

MO Frogs

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 08:26 PM) [snapback]553473[/snapback]

That I did not know, and I supposes that changes things a bit! You're right

Its still much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 30 2010, 02:32 PM) [snapback]553481[/snapback]
Done. Is it better now?

Much better. Thanks. Makes for easier viewing.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Tio Rana @ Apr 30 2010, 03:32 PM) [snapback]553482[/snapback]
Really? How did he make it public?

Well, he spoke to the media (specifically Yahoo Sports) about it. First. that is my understanding of the timeline.

I think you mean that he wanted to clarify what was already public, by making a public statement. I doubt very seriously that he intentionally wanted all of this about his parents to be flying all over the internet.

Nope.

LionsBearsFrogs

QUOTE(MO Frogs @ Apr 30 2010, 03:23 PM) [snapback]553465[/snapback]

Great post. Amen!

TCUFrogs

Really? How did he make it public? I think you mean that he wanted to clarify what was already public, by making a public statement. I doubt very seriously that he intentionally wanted all of this about his parents to be flying all over the internet.

Or, has this come out from his camp of advisors in the first place?

Why is that important? It is fairly important if now he is accusing an NFL general manager of dishonesty in the interview process. Human Resources is a very, very big deal. People get fired of things like this.

Who knows what he was thinking to bring this out? Maybe not thinking at all. What camp is he in? (hint)

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
It's not about what his mother was/is etc. It is about him complaining about a question asked in an interview with the Dolphins GM. In the context, the question was fine when Dez said his dad was a pimp and his mom worked for his dad. You just dont say things like that in an interview. Especially when you go compaining about what was asked even though is was based on his own previous statement.

micahjh

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 03:35 PM) [snapback]553489[/snapback]
Well, he spoke to the media (specifically Yahoo Sports) about it. First. that is my understanding of the timeline.

So Dez is bored with counting his money, and decides to pick up the phone and call Yahoo Sports to make a public statement about his momma? Sure thing. :blink:

MO Frogs

QUOTE(landfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 08:40 PM) [snapback]553497[/snapback]
It's not about what his mother was/is etc. It is about him complaining about a question asked in an interview with the Dolphins GM. In the context, the question was fine when Dez said his dad was a pimp and his mom worked for his dad. You just dont say things like that in an interview. Especially when you go compaining about what was asked even though is was based on his own previous statement.

What did your mother do for a living?

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(Tio Rana @ Apr 30 2010, 03:41 PM) [snapback]553499[/snapback]
So Dez is bored with counting his money, and decides to pick up the phone and call Yahoo Sports to make a public statement about his momma? Sure thing. :blink:

His recent history has not been exactly, shall we say, "orthodox".

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Tio Rana @ Apr 30 2010, 03:41 PM) [snapback]553499[/snapback]

What money? He ain't made anything yet.

Yes, I'm sure he's got Yahoo Sports on speed dial. The media never interviews 1st rd draft picks.

If you have something to refute this, I'm more than willing to read it. I have no agenda here. i think this whole story is much ado about nothing.

MO Frogs

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 30 2010, 08:46 PM) [snapback]553505[/snapback]
His recent history has not been exactly, shall we say, "orthodox".

What now he's Jewish! Guess that explains the name Dez

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(MO Frogs @ Apr 30 2010, 02:44 PM) [snapback]553501[/snapback]
What did your mother do for a living?

That's not the issue here or there. Try smoking a lil less weed since it is truly affecting your comprehension abilities.