• The KillerFrogs

Official starter

Significantly? That's being rather melodramatic. Robinson was a 4* recruit out of high school, he has time working with the 1's all season, is quite mobile, and has an arm like a cannon. Not to mention he has Cumbie working on a gameplan that will put him in the best situation. We might actually see he test Tech's DB's downfield on Saturday which could really open things up for Hicks now that Morris is back.

Have faith.
I don't disagree with anything you are saying and am very excited to see him play. That being said more often than not when starting a true freshman QB you get the good with the bad, given the stage I'm just expecting more bad than good which is to be expected.

Wexahu

Huh? Please tell me what the positives are for true freshman getting his first start in a very hostile environment against a team who we have struggled against year in and year out while in Big 12?

Playing Tech in Lubbock when they are 5-5 and have about had it with their head coach is not a "very hostile" environment. The stands were about half full for their last game out there. Good lord, you'd think we're heading to Tuscaloosa for this game.

Huh? Please tell me what the positives are for true freshman getting his first start in a very hostile environment against a team who we have struggled against year in and year out while in Big 12?

We score 80 points and win going away. We ruin Techs season and get Coach Bro fired. We jump up in CFP poll do to new explosive offense with front runner for next years Heisman Trophy. Just off the top of my head.

TCURiggs

Considering Kenny's concussion is bad enough that he can't even make the trip, I'd assume it is a safe bet that SR got ALL of the first team reps this week.

Yep. Jeremy Clark made a post yesterday afternoon that made it sound like they knew KH wasn't going to play, so I bet Shawn has been getting the reps all week and they just did a good job keeping it under wraps, per usual. That, and the fact that Brewer, who's also a Freshman, threw for over 400 yards against Tech last week makes me feel a little better about all of this than I did on Monday.

Moose Stuff

Playing Tech in Lubbock when they are 5-5 and have about had it with their head coach is not a "very hostile" environment. The stands were about half full for their last game out there. Good lord, you'd think we're heading to Tuscaloosa for this game.

Tech buddy who has season tickets says they’re BEGGING people to come to the game. Going as far as giving away a free car as an enticement.

Moose Stuff

Yep. Jeremy Clark made a post yesterday afternoon that made it sound like they knew KH wasn't going to play, so I bet Shawn has been getting the reps all week and they just did a good job keeping it under wraps, per usual. That, and the fact that Brewer, who's also a Freshman, threw for over 400 yards against Tech last week makes me feel a little better about all of this than I did on Monday.

Just can’t have the killer turnovers like Brewer did.

Wexahu

Just can’t have the killer turnovers like Brewer did.

Yep. From what I've seen of Brewer I've been impressed. Obviously the o-line he's playing behind is below average and they have no running game, but he can make plays. A couple of those turnovers were just mishandling the ball type stuff, not making bad reads and just looking like he had no clue out there.

Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. I expect SR to play pretty well.