• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Hemingway

TCU is a great job because of it’s access to DFW talent. That Gary was so unable to tap into that is exactly what I’m talking about when I say there were coaches that didn’t like him and it was time for him to go. You’re about to see a complete 180 if this new staff is made up of the guys people are speculating on right now. Will only further amplify how bad a job Gary was doing.
No no no. You’re misremembering things. GP had luck with DFW talent for a long time. What he did was find those 2-3 stars and he’d develop them or switch their positions and etc. Well... that “investment” works well when you are the first then people start copying you style and then your innovation becomes the normal. Then everyone has caught up and then you (GP) fail to grab ahold of the transfer portal and you won’t make room for a coach that can because you won’t fire any assistant coaches.

TCUWIN

The my little pony crew to the East is going scorched earth on every name linked to TCU. It’s hilarious.

My favorite take is that Sonny and TCU is coordinating all of this because the primary goal is destabilizing SMU because they have jumped TCU in the realignment pecking order.
The stupidity in that. If SMU had passed us, why would Dykes leave to the lesser program. We need to tell little brother to go back to the little kids table for thanksgiving dinner.

Dogfrog

There's a huge difference between being a "Gary Patterson supporter" and believing that Gary should continue as the HC here. I'm a huge Patterson supporter and always will be but there is always a time to move on to a new voice and that's where we are.

And bold prediction by the way that Dykes better have success. That is indeed how sports work.
Agree. It was time for Gary to go. What I will never understand is what do we gain by disparaging Gary’s career after he is gone? I mean Gone forever. Like never to return into eternity. What is the scheissing point?

TCUWIN

TCU is a great job because of it’s access to DFW talent. That Gary was so unable to tap into that is exactly what I’m talking about when I say there were coaches that didn’t like him and it was time for him to go. You’re about to see a complete 180 if this new staff is made up of the guys people are speculating on right now. Will only further amplify how bad a job Gary was doing.
To be fair, there was a time that DFW was not a hotbed of talent. Houston was dominant. The DFW talent went to UT, A&M, OU and OSU. Patterson and crew cleaned up in Houston. I think that pissed off DFW coaches so they held players back some. This is also second hand info from coaches in the DFW area. Now that the metroplex started overflowing with talent, TCU couldn’t get in. So hopefully Dykes and crew can change that- if true- and start getting our homegrown talent first.

82 Frog Fever

The my little pony crew to the East is going scorched earth on every name linked to TCU. It’s hilarious.

My favorite take is that Sonny and TCU is coordinating all of this because the primary goal is destabilizing SMU because they have jumped TCU in the realignment pecking order.
Since you’re over there, ask if they’re still celebrating that victory over TCU. You probably don’t get this without that.
If I was SMU, I’d take TCU off the schedule.

CountryFrog

Agree. It was time for Gary to go. What I will never understand is what do we gain by disparaging Gary’s career after he is gone? I mean Gone forever. Like never to return into eternity. What is the scheissing point?
For me, there is a line between disparaging Gary's career vs speaking to the realities of where the program is right now. It's impossible to separate Gary from what has taken place the last 4 years to get us to where we are now. The blame obviously isn't 100% with him but he was the one in charge.

I try to walk the line between acknowledging the realities of the present without tearing down the man and all of his past accomplishments. I think that's what most fans try to do as well but it is a bit of a fine line.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Off the subject but seeing reports that Lincoln Riley to LSU is a done deal.
That's puzzling. Why would he leave everything he has at OU for the swamps of Louisiana? Sure, they're paying him a great big pile of money, but he could have sweated that out of OU. He was the king of the hill at OU, now he's the FNG at LSU.

Dogfrog

For me, there is a line between disparaging Gary's career vs speaking to the realities of where the program is right now. It's impossible to separate Gary from what has taken place the last 4 years to get us to where we are now. The blame obviously isn't 100% with him but he was the one in charge.

I try to walk the line between acknowledging the realities of the present without tearing down the man and all of his past accomplishments. I think that's what most fans try to do as well but it is a bit of a fine line.
I tend to tie the last four years to one thing - the reason he’s gone!! That is all that needs to be said about the last four years IMO. The reality is the first 17 years built a legacy we should continue to build on if we are smart.

Last edited: