• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

AroundWorldFrog

A small observation and small sample size...it appears players much prefer to play and perform better under coaches they seem to like (or after losing coaches they didn't like), i.e. TTU and TCU

Greenville/Asheville/Knoxville area is the bare Brilesboobs.
The biggest negative of D/FW and Houston is they have no beautiful scenery/hiking to easily access on weekends. I spent years thinking it was the Houston humidity I disliked, but worse is the flat landscape—no hills, scenic rivers, lakes, mountains or canyons—it is coastal plain, but not on the coastline, haha, and the Galveston beach may be the worst in the country. If you are a city person—go to the gym, and shop and eat all you want but that is an expensive pastime best left to the well-to-do. Just because great restaurants are all around you, and it seems like everyone else is talking about their dining experiences, doesn’t mean you can afford to do it too, some of those people are spending foolishly. But that is what you do in Houston, haha, it is the culture, and that is why many say it is the best restaurant city. If you appreciate outdoor scenery and hiking for excerise—ouch.

The diversity of people/culture in Houston also is a big contributor to the restaurant scene. A few years ago The LA Times wrote an article claiming Houston is the most diverse city in the country, even more than New York. The oil and gas industry and Medical Center contribute to that.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Scarlett Johansson would be a good choice I think. Recruits would like her, TMZ would be at every game, the NIL opportunities for our players would be boundless and she has only nine months less college HC experience than Deion. Get her a good OC and DC and we would be playoff bound in no time. Of course, we would just have to hope that Baylor doesn't counter that by hiring Ariana Grande. She is younger and has potentially more appeal to the recruit demographic.
WWCJD (What Would Colin Jost Do?)

HFrog1999

Sneaky hot. #teamvelma (just like #teammaryann)

6c63df49f265354c39b1ba37f930c28a.jpg

linda-cardellini-hot.jpg

HFrog1999

The biggest negative of D/FW and Houston is they have no beautiful scenery/hiking to easily access on weekends. I spent years thinking it was the Houston humidity I disliked, but worse is the flat landscape. If you are a city person—go to the gym, and shop and eat all you want but that is an expensive pastime best left to the well-to-do. I am amazed at how much some people, who really can’t afford it, spend eating and drinking out, because that is what you do in Houston, it is the culture, and that is why it is one of the great restaurant cites, haha. If you appreciate outdoor scenery and hiking for excerise—ouch.

And just because great restaurants are all around you, and it seems like everyone else is talking about their dining experiences, doesn’t mean you can afford to do it too, some of those people are spending foolishly.

In my last job I had a generous expense account and travelled often. Houston was definitely one of the best Cities to eat in.

That's one thing I miss about the place. You can find anything food-wise in that town, and it was generally good!
Yes, the diversity of people/culture in Houston factors into the restaurant scene—supposedly you can find food from all over the world here. A few years ago The LA Times wrote an article claiming Houston is the most diverse city in the country, even more than New York, but New Yorkers might argue that. The oil and gas industry and Medical Center contribute to that.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yes, the diversity of people/culture in Houston factors into the restaurant scene. Supposedly you can find food from all over the world here. A few years ago The LA Times wrote an article claiming Houston is the most diverse city in the country, even more than New York, but New York might dispute that. The oil and gas industry and Medical Center contribute to that.
I had to go back and check, but yep, you wrote that same bit twice on one page. That’s impressive dedication to your houston craft.