• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Mean Purple

Coach Prime would run absolute circles around these other clowns when it comes to recruiting. Don't give me some B.S. about some complex genius scheme that Dykes or some other guy is running, that doesn't win games. Recruits win games. We have seen first hand how detrimental a complicated system can be to success in this game. Time for TCU to simplify and let the players ball out.
Look, opponents would be more intimidated by his ex, Pilar, then they would Sanders.

TCURiggs

Interesting lunch with some old suits. All of them part of the TCU herd. I now campaign for Napier as HC. Understand he soo impressed the committee that when the search conversation concluded, many of the committee had visions of greatness. He has coached with Dabo and Saban add top of the line P-5 schools and the resume shines. Told he is very organized with every little detail which becomes a big deal to him. A gentlemen with good communication skills. He charmed the women as well.

Ol Slick Billy Napier, just charming the pants off everyone!

Sign me up.

The TCU Football Jerk

You obviously have no idea what is the number one thing they show recruits on visits do you? They are for the donors during games maybe and even during games they show them to their families so NO it's not just for the donors.

The state of Texas is but TCU is not and every major university in the country dedicates at least two coaches to focus on Texas which is why most of our recruits go out of state. With UH joining the Big 12 we just gained another big 12 competitor for kids in the Houston area bc you obviously don't understand Htown kids are but they love Houston and if they can play Big 12 football there they will instead of going to uppity TCU (and that is exactly how our competitors will use the type of student that goes to TCU against us), that's just reality now. Add that with UT going to SEC we just lost any chance at competing with them. So Texas is a hotbed but w/o Gary TCU is now a worse version of SMU and that too is just facts. I would suggest you study up on how this whole process works before firing off BS talking points you read on rivals like "Texas is a hotbed of recruiting"

81 words in one sentence. Golf claps to you.

bc puckett

Coach Prime would run absolute circles around these other clowns when it comes to recruiting. Don't give me some B.S. about some complex genius scheme that Dykes or some other guy is running, that doesn't win games. Recruits win games. We have seen first hand how detrimental a complicated system can be to success in this game. Time for TCU to simplify and let the players ball out.
Serious question: Let's say for a minute ADJD and all others involved lose their collective minds and hire Coach Sanders. How long do you think he'll hang around once the FSU job, which he already campaigned for 2 years ago, opens up which in case you haven't been paying attention could be anytime in the next several weeks and certainly won't be any later than the end of next season? Wrong time. Wrong place. Wrong guy.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Interesting lunch with some old suits. All of them part of the TCU herd. I now campaign for Napier as HC. Understand he soo impressed the committee that when the search conversation concluded, many of the committee had visions of greatness. He has coached with Dabo and Saban add top of the line P-5 schools and the resume shines. Told he is very organized with every little detail which becomes a big deal to him. A gentlemen with good communication skills. He charmed the women as well.
Fits exactly with what GSR reported the other day. He’s my preferred candidate at this point.

CountryFrog

I think this is a silly argument. Tech has a new coach, he either is or isn't going to work out. Time will tell. We'll be able to say the same thing about TCU shortly. What difference does it make who offered who or who got turned down, or whatever? I suppose nobody is privy to 100% of the facts anyway.
Because this is a fan message board and I'm off work today and enjoy making fun of Tech.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

Fits exactly with what GSR reported the other day. He’s my preferred candidate at this point.
When you look at the total list of ups and downs he has been through, sure looks like he has the experience to handle and adversity in coaching. Can't imagine the stories he has from coaching with McElwain at Colorado State.

Paul in uhh

Wish we’d stop screwing around and just hire him already

ShadowFrog

Moderators

TCU coaching search: Deion Sanders 'squarely in the mix,' per report​

ByRILEY GATES 37 minutes ago

TCU is still in the process of identifying a replacement for legendary head coach Gary Patterson. NFL legend and Jackson State head coach Deion Sanders is a name that has been mentioned. Evidently, he is starting to look like a real possibility. Sanders is “squarely in the mix” for the TCU job, according to a report Tuesday by Drew Davison of the Fort Worth (Texas) Star-Telegram. One source explained to Davison how serious of a candidate Sanders is for the opening.

“I’m not saying he is going to get the job, not saying he’s the leading candidate at this point,” one person said, according to Davison. “But he is in the mix.”

Last week, 247Sports reported that TCU was working to interview Sanders. Chris Hummer reported via a source that the Horned Frogs were "attempting to case a wide net."

https://247sports.com/Article/TCU-c...ers-squarely-in-the-mix-per-report-174919100/

https://nbclim-f.akamaihd.net/i/Pro...6,513250,890808,034172,.mp4.csmil/master.m3u8
Case a net??

HornyWartyToad

Said this elsewhere regarding Deion.. hire a clown, expect a circus

I feel like with him we either win 12 games or the program is left in complete disarray after 2 seasons
It's intriguing, like imagining going home with the hottest stripper at the club. Would undoubtedly result in some wild stories, maybe even some short-term greatness, but ultimately, serious buyer's remorse. When the rebuild started after the near-death experience, the common line was we wanted to be in the same mold as Miami of the 80s. He would probably/potentially do that, both the good bad and ugly.

I also keep thinking about the poetic speeches we heard during the good times, about how the football program is the "Font Porch of the University," or some such. Does anyone really want that joker as the face of TCU? I sure as heck don't. And before anyone goes RIMO on me, I reached that same conclusion about Gary a couple of few years ago too.