• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I actually met the guy that owns this house close to 10 years ago. If you couldn't guess from all the trophies, he went to Africa every year on a hunting trip. I thought I remembered there being a giraffe, but I'm not seeing it in the pictures. Definitely had a unique style, but super nice guy when I met him.
I’ll never understand the big game trophy hunter. I have some good friends who do it and I’m not saying it’s evil just baffling

Limey Frog

There are more than three “serious” candidates but only 3 + 1 yet to be mentioned that I could imagine being hired. The yet to be mentioned isn’t earth shaking, but he (his people) initiated the interest and TCU is trying to assess if they want to throw his name into the hat at this point… It’s a combination of things, being so far along with other candidates they really like and this gent may or may not be seriously interested, plus a need to keep it highly secret if they did interview/etc… odd position to be in, which probably means he won’t ever go anywhere in this process.
Dan Mullen?

TechAdvisor

LMAO…. You don’t know your own hiring process very well. Trust me, they wanted Sonny more than McGuire and he wasn’t interested.
I've seen the details of the Traylor offer and the McGuire offer. I haven't seen the Dykes offer because it doesn't exist. Nothing against Dykes, he's a fine coach and his Dad was special but he was interviewed by Texas Tech and not offered. McGuire really wanted the job and he got it.

I've seen the details of the Traylor offer and the McGuire offer. I haven't seen the Dykes offer because it doesn't exist. Nothing against Dykes, he's a fine coach and his Dad was special but he was interviewed by Texas Tech and not offered. McGuire really wanted the job and he got it.

A lot of Tech people hate the name Dykes.

CountryFrog

Perhaps because he told them he wasn't interested?

Let me guess, you guys also didn't make an offer to Kirby Smart either, right?

CountryFrog

Yes, because everyone interviews for jobs they're not interested in.
Of course he interviewed. Coaches often take interviews for jobs they don't have high interest in just to see what is offered and/or leverage their current employer for a raise.

And for Dykes with all the connections he has to Tech, there's no way he wasn't going to at least listen to what they had to say.

TechAdvisor

Many people interview for jobs, realize it isn’t a good fit (or get a better opportunity elsewhere) and don’t elect to pursue it further. This happens all the time.
You specifically said "he wasn't interested". Many people don't interview for jobs they're not interested in.

Perhaps because he told them he wasn't interested?

Let me guess, you guys also didn't make an offer to Kirby Smart either, right?
Didn't interview Kirby Smart, they did interview Sonny Dykes. Tech did interview at least 5 coaches and offered 2, hired 1.