• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Putt4Purple

We had a lot of freaking injuries this past year. I don't know if it was strength and conditioning or just plain bad luck. We need some kind of change to stop the bad voodoo around here. If this guy had been acting up the past few years I can understand the complaints. From what I hear he's been ok. Let him and us move on! Go Frogs!

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Most of the people complaining about this are doing so because we’re TCU and this guy was at Baylor. Pretty much that entire Baylor staff is working at colleges across the country. I’ve got close friends/coworkers that are big fans of Ole Miss (Lenny) and Arkansas (Briles) and both of them say they’ve never heard ONE fan associated with their schools complaining about employing these former Baylor coaches.
Well, good for them. I don't care what they don't know. We do know what he did. The stink is on us now.

Pharm Frog

Most of the people complaining about this are doing so because we’re TCU and this guy was at Baylor. Pretty much that entire Baylor staff is working at colleges across the country. I’ve got close friends/coworkers that are big fans of Ole Miss (Lenny) and Arkansas (Briles) and both of them say they’ve never heard ONE fan associated with their schools complaining about employing these former Baylor coaches.
That’s interesting because I know more Arkie fans than I should and I heard quite a bit about it (both ways).

I can only think of two fans I know who are Ole Miss fans and one of them lives in Waco and graduated from Baylor (has a daughter attending Ole Miss). Loves the atmosphere of Ole Miss (mainly the Greek stuff) but is constantly having to answer for the stuff at Baylor when they go over to Oxford.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Whoa, whoa, wait... did I wake up in a different version of the simulation? Was this the most successful cover up in the history of history? Or have I just destroyed my memory over time? Give me a name or a year to remember this...

Mind Reaction GIF
Fields...

Wexahu

We had a lot of freaking injuries this past year. I don't know if it was strength and conditioning or just plain bad luck. We need some kind of change to stop the bad voodoo around here. If this guy had been acting up the past few years I can understand the complaints. From what I hear he's been ok. Let him and us move on! Go Frogs!
Some of the injury issues were a culture problem IMO, where sitting out a game or games with minor injuries was kind of an acceptable option. I think the training room became a safe haven.

Putt4Purple

Some of the injury issues were a culture problem IMO, where sitting out a game or games with minor injuries was kind of an acceptable option. I think the training room became a safe haven.
I understand what your saying but IF that became acceptable then changes were badly needed accross the board.

TCUWIN

We’ve had a lot of injuries the past several years. This is not a 1-year phenomenon.

LVH

This is what got my high school coach fired when I was in HS. Too many players would be "hurt" Monday-Thursday, then magically be healthy on Friday, then be hurt again the following Monday.

HFrog1999

I think some of the perceived problems with S&C had to do with Patterson preferring to recruit smaller framed players who were fast and he’d try to put weight on them. I was always surprised at how small a lot of our players were. Hopefully Dykes will recruit some larger players, especially on defense (who can tackle).

ATC Frog

Too many academic types and not enough sports med athletic trainers.
I mean, I spent some time inside the AT program as a student with football in 2006. Things seemed… fine I guess? But something has gone awry since then.

Edit: I’ve heard some rumblings, but nothing concrete and nothing that can be substantiated.