• The KillerFrogs

Off season changes - Big 12 and others

Texas having conversations with former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich about joining the staff, according to Geoff Ketchum of Orangebloods. Additionally, Texas wide receivers coach Drew Mehringer has had conversations about becoming Houston’s offensive coordinator, Ketchum reports. It is not clear at this time what role Helfrich would take on should he join the Texas staff.

froginaustin

Texas having conversations with former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich about joining the staff, according to Geoff Ketchum of Orangebloods. Additionally, Texas wide receivers coach Drew Mehringer has had conversations about becoming Houston’s offensive coordinator, Ketchum reports. It is not clear at this time what role Helfrich would take on should he join the Texas staff.

In yesterday's Austin paper newspaper that I have already thrown out, one of the weightier sports writers (I think it was Bohl, but not sure) mentioned Helfrich as a possible 10th coach on the UTx staff. The writer was of the opinion that Helfrich would be the OC if he took a job on Herman's staff.

The writer's general tone was that he was hoping for Helfrich, but thought the odds were against him joining the Herman staff. Prolly wants more control over the offense than Herman will concede.

I think Texas Tech just lost their Louisiana recruiting connection:

Texas Tech running backs coach Jabbar Juluke has agreed to join Billy Napier’s Louisiana Lafayette staff as running backs coach.

Chongo94

I think Texas Tech just lost their Louisiana recruiting connection:

Texas Tech running backs coach Jabbar Juluke has agreed to join Billy Napier’s Louisiana Lafayette staff as running backs coach.

Whoa. Now that's a lesser move. Either the guy hated Lubbock (easily possible) or he is, as some Tech fans have concluded here and there, getting out while the getting is still moderately good/decent.

Many seem to think the coaches are basically on a ship sailing nowhere next year and a lot will have to leave anyway once Kingsbury gets fired.

LSU's defensive coordinator Dave Aranda has turned down a pursuit from Texas A&M.

I guess A&M is trying to money whip coordinators to their staff. This is the second time A&M has gone after a LSU DC. First time Chavis became one of the highest paid coordinators in all NCAA football.

If they are paying assistants big money they will be expecting big results. Lot of pressure ... they are looking to purchase a championship if they can.

LSU's defensive coordinator Dave Aranda has turned down a pursuit from Texas A&M.

I guess A&M is trying to money whip coordinators to their staff. This is the second time A&M has gone after a LSU DC. First time Chavis became one of the highest paid coordinators in all NCAA football.

If they are paying assistants big money they will be expecting big results. Lot of pressure ... they are looking to purchase a championship if they can.

I spoke too soon:
The Aggies are in the process of hiring Dave Aranda away from LSU as the Houston Chronicle reports. They say it could be finalized today.

A&M’s offer is considerably over $2 million per year, full autonomy on defense and “anything Dave needs to do his job to the best of his abilities”.

http://m.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Aggies-again-in-hot-pursuit-of-an-LSU-defensive-12471055.php?utm_campaign=twitter-desktop&utm_source=CMS Sharing Button&utm_medium=social

I spoke too soon:
The Aggies are in the process of hiring Dave Aranda away from LSU as the Houston Chronicle reports. They say it could be finalized today.

A&M’s offer is considerably over $2 million per year, full autonomy on defense and “anything Dave needs to do his job to the best of his abilities”.

http://m.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Aggies-again-in-hot-pursuit-of-an-LSU-defensive-12471055.php?utm_campaign=twitter-desktop&utm_source=CMS Sharing Button&utm_medium=social

To me this signals the next step is cheat at all costs. Spending that amount of money means you better be levels above Sumlin and at the level of Kirby Smart, Dabo Swinney, Nick Saban, etc.

Lone Frog

To me this signals the next step is cheat at all costs. Spending that amount of money means you better be levels above Sumlin and at the level of Kirby Smart, Dabo Swinney, Nick Saban, etc.

Aggies have a long history of cheating. Aside from one great season with Manziel, they've been mediocre so long they just can't stand it anymore.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I spoke too soon:

Espn reporting Aranda staying at LSU for, wait for it, 2.5 million per year.

It's getting insane out there.