• The KillerFrogs

Now what? MWC Tournament and Regional

eagartotri

Last night was disappointing. Someday, maybe not this season, we'll find that killer instinct and passion to win.

What I don't understand is how our MWC Tournament performance will impact our Regional placement or even chance to host. Any info/explanation would be helpful.

gdice

Playing New Mexico in general hurts our RPI, so losing to them is very hurtful. We really need to win out now in the conference tourny to have a shot at a regional. That loss really hurt. Hard to take.

leofrog

Well, we only dropped to 17 in the boyd's world RPI, so there might be a chance we win out to host. Also, we need some help from other teams.

SoCalFrog

Does Texas and Rice losing yesterday help?

a&m is a lock for hosting, right?

Do we have to win all four (possible)remaining games in the MWC to host? Booking a flight to DFW last week in the hopes of TCU hosting a FW regional, might have been premature.

Going to the game today. This will tell us a lot. Go Frogs!

halfwaytoheaven

Does Texas and Rice losing yesterday help?

a&m is a lock for hosting, right?

Do we have to win all four (possible)remaining games in the MWC to host? Booking a flight to DFW last week in the hopes of TCU hosting a FW regional, might have been premature.

Going to the game today. This will tell us a lot. Go Frogs!

What time is TCU's game today?

ricksterh

I may be wrong but if the Frogs win the MWC tourney TCU host a regioanl but not a super. Just my guess. Where is sandiegojack when you need him? :blink:

eagartotri

So what I've gathered is that the games played in tournaments DO count towards or against our RPI. Thus, losses by UT, Rice and other do help us by comparison. However, losing out in the tournament almost guarantees we do not host a Regional. Thus, my next question, if we do lose, where do you speculate we will go?

My confidence in our ability as a team to get the job done has been suspect all season. Who's holding the players accountable for the mental errors? They don't seem to be holding each other accountable. I'll say it....I sure miss Bryan Holaday!

Hard to buy into winning the next four games. Appears there are teams in the MWC that want it more.

Frogs1983

What is interesting is the same mistakes being made in week 1 are being made now. How is this possible?

Trying to figure out how our SS made All MWC team?Must have been on his offensive production?Anyone know how many errors he has this season?
I know the ground ball to him was hit hard and a tough chance,but couldn't he have at least gotten in front of the ball to knock it down and prevent the go ahead run?That side swipe attempt he made was not what you want to see in a critical game situation.

SoCalFrog

If we win out here in San Diego (all four games), we host a Regional in Fort Worth - without a doubt. If we lose today, I bet we are sent to College Station, which would really, really suck.