• The KillerFrogs

notFrogs....but curious: Can Beck make it at DC?

sous vide

Of all the qbs the Frogs have played over the past 6 years or so, I thought Beck was the very best at the college level. Can he finally make it in the NFL at Washington? Can he beat Dallas!?

Sally Jenkins has an interesting comment on him at the end of her article on McNabb today:

That they’ve identified John Beck as that quarterback is an oblique comment on just how dissatisfied they were with McNabb. Among Beck’s qualities: he’s young, malleable, fleet, accurate, gung ho, and an apple polisher. Also, he’s unsung. Which apparently will be a relief to them.

attyfrog

"Of all the qbs the Frogs have played over the past 6 years or so, I thought Beck was the very best at the college level."

Yeah, he sure ripped our D a new one that evening at the ACS. Probably the worst I have ever seen a CGP defense chewed up - yes even worse than all those unanswerd points in Lubbock that afternoon...

FrogsMcGee

He's accurate and clearly has potential, but I just have never seen the 'it' factor watching him post-college. Not that he's had a great number of opportunities, but still.