• The KillerFrogs

No Spring game

PO Frog

I’ve seen football staff get in people’s faces over “shooting video” on their phones at these things. And keep in mind, we don’t put on anything resembling a ‘game’ in the spring. It is paranoia pure and simple.

It’s even more amazing that all this precaution has apparently led to...our signs being stolen anyway? Lol.
This is the weird thing to me. So secretive with media and practice and roster moves and depth chart, yet he hasn’t changed signals in twenty years and everyone knows it. It’s like some guy having razor wire and motion sensors all around his property but not locking the doors.

HFrog1999

I’ve seen football staff get in people’s faces over “shooting video” on their phones at these things. And keep in mind, we don’t put on anything resembling a ‘game’ in the spring. It is paranoia pure and simple.

It’s even more amazing that all this precaution has apparently led to...our signs being stolen anyway? Lol.

I got yelled at one year. I was just taking pictures of the stadium, not even the field.

I think it was the strength coach that yelled at me. And while he was dealing with me, someone pulled a hammy.

jake102

Was it specifically reported that we aren’t having the game due to injuries that happened in spring camp? Isn’t possible GP just wants everyone healthy for the fall..

Yeah, it was. No clue how to embed a tweet, but GP stated reason was due to so many injuries

It’s getting out of hand across our teams.

I saw an article today from the Bill OBrien of the Texans talking about how they are making changes to keep people healthy, specifically soft tissue injuries. He also noted that players need to figure it out... you can’t contribute if you are hurt.

HFrog1999

We need to hire these guys to take over our Training staff

images

HToady

The University used the Spring Game for a season ticket and individual game ticket push, had posters and t shirts and promoted the TCU team. Also sold hot dogs and pop. Don't think anybody really went to see something inciteful from the team on the field. I guess Donati is not in control of this dynamic.

Wexahu

I doubt the injury situation is that bad. My guess is that GP just didn't want to bother with it and that is the most convenient excuse.

jake102

I doubt the injury situation is that bad. My guess is that GP just didn't want to bother with it and that is the most convenient excuse.

I'm thinking it has to do with extreme paranoia around the QB situation (which doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies). Worried we have a QB who can't throw, a QB who can't move and a QB who is young. But today feels doom and gloom, so probably none of those.