• The KillerFrogs

No Spring game

Dogfrog

Didn’t we have a relatively large number who missed spring entirely due to injury? Could be this is less about new injury and more about being overall thin for spring. When you start out thin then have a spring game it may just be too risky for Gary. Just guessing.

ThisIsOurTime

Who cares? Are we going to act like there would be more than 1000 people in the stands for a spring game? Good lord...

How much of that has to do with the fact that GP has treated past "spring games" as merely a scrimmage? You reap what you sow.

We need to start asking what in the hell is going on in the S&C department. We have more injuries than healthy players every scheissing year.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_a53d8b56-f579-11e8-97cb-4f7c6e3f6b6c.html

what the scheiss are we doing??

As if our asking would get us any answers. You know full well that GP would have no interest in talking about that and if he did answer, it would be some confusing response about alligators or some other mixed metaphor where we would feel we knew even less than before the question was first asked. And yes I am probably a little salty here due to the apparent Dixon news.

Eight

At what point do we ask the question, “What in the world are we doing in practice?” Game injuries are one thing, but these are self inflicted wounds.

big question for the the friends i know who coach is how do you properly teach the game of football without the contact?

how do you team proper tackling and running blocking with out contact?

tcudoc

Didn’t we have a relatively large number who missed spring entirely due to injury?

hwvgd.jpg

The incredible number of injuries incurred by TCU sports teams seems unreasonably

high year after year. Conditioning, training methods or simply bad luck?

PO Frog

The incredible number of injuries incurred by TCU sports teams seems unreasonably

high year after year. Conditioning, training methods or simply bad luck?
Maybe recruiting speed at the expense of size and putting weight on guys to spin down in the formation has negative effects? Who would have guessed that Ty Summer at 255 lbs might be more prone to injury if his body is meant to be 230?

Paint It Purple

At what point do we ask the question about the S&C staff? We have more offseason injuries than any team in any sport ever. Honest to god are we just beat the everliving [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of each other from January-July? Let me know what time tomorrow's royal rumble starts I will try to get a good seat. Didn't realize we were re-enacting the Gladiator movies at football practice. Get a grip folks
https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index...ing-medical-staff-be-held-accountable.218150/

GetToTheQB

How much of that has to do with the fact that GP has treated past "spring games" as merely a scrimmage? You reap what you sow.

As if our asking would get us any answers. You know full well that GP would have no interest in talking about that and if he did answer, it would be some confusing response about alligators or some other mixed metaphor where we would feel we knew even less than before the question was first asked. And yes I am probably a little salty here due to the apparent Dixon news.

Good point

GetToTheQB

This is so spot on. The amount of times over the past 2-3 years I've heard coaches [ hundin] about somebody stealing signs is unconscious. There's just no logical path being followed here. Why are we the only ones that have these nonsensical issues?? Do what it takes to stay healthy until the opener

There is more FWPD on site to make sure no one video records practice than officers patrolling the neighborhoods around TCU. All is well

nwlafrog

Who cares. Y’all worry way too much.

I like the spring game bc every now and then it allows me to catch a TCU football game, TCU baseball game, and a Rangers game with my family if everything pans out. It’s something I look forward to.

Last edited:

Froggish

big question for the the friends i know who coach is how do you properly teach the game of football without the contact?

how do you team proper tackling and running blocking with out contact?

Well in fairness...We have been the most physical team in the Big 12 since joining..I don’t even think that’s debatable. Hasn’t always translated to Ws but it’s GPs philosophy. Maybe we need to change that

Eight

Well in fairness...We have been the most physical team in the Big 12 since joining..I don’t even think that’s debatable. Hasn’t always translated to Ws but it’s GPs philosophy. Maybe we need to change that

there are certain things you can't teach without actually doing and if you are ct working with your offensive line how do you do that simply by walking people through drills and schemes?

i think there is a big difference in having a number of players banged up where they can't practice effectively after a physical spring and players actually injured.

we won't know which is which with gary so i am not overly concerned about the idea of injury. i also agree with your thought this is as much about gary keeping things behind his purple curtain as he can before the season.

notice the comments about the three quarterbacks over on 247. i do feel sorry for whomever the source was that told clark duggan played well in the last scrimmage and jeremy will probably be questioned over his description of the last play of the scrimmage.