• The KillerFrogs

No fans at TCU games through April 3

flyfishingfrog

So, will Football season ticket renewals be delayed?
they should if they are smart - a imagine that unless they are thinking about refunding money to baseball season ticket holders for games they don't get to attend and publish a statement that says they will refund your football ticket money if it doesn't get resolved - they are going to have a lot of people thinking twice about paying up.

I don't see how this situation is going to suddenly be over in April - even if the "heat" does kill the virus. And if it does not - it could be a long time before the US peaks.

Biggest hope right now for control is that China is not lying and through extreme control measures - have managed to reach the peak and are on the downhill side. But that is a big IF.

How fast Italy gets through the worst will be a big indicator for the US.

4th. down

Stating the obvious....but all of this is a major over reaction. Its sickening to me we are allowing this to darn up people's lives, jobs and the economy.

Massive hype by the media. Hell China didn't even know how to handle it and after 30 days they have closed all the temporary hospitals in Wuhan and told everyone get your asses back to work. Certainly we are as adapt as those Chinese?

flyfishingfrog

Stating the obvious....but all of this is a major over reaction. Its sickening to me we are allowing this to darn up people's lives, jobs and the economy.
maybe - but I am sure no company or organization wants to be the next Biogen - making national news because a large percentage of participants at your meeting, event, conference are infected and test positive - thus your event becomes Ground Zero.

Now we will just have to see if any of those people at the Biogen meeting get severely ill or worse - but the rate of infection of people when the CDC has been able to identify the source event is consistently pretty high.

Again - that has no correlation to how deadly the virus is or if most of those people infected have minor flu symptoms at worse. But it is a concern.

Last edited:

hometown frog

Wonder if tcu will consider me essential personnel and I’ll Facebook live the games this weekend as a backstop to hftv going offline repeatedly.

Eight

With regard to workplaces: many are making plans for remote work. Including the federal government which may go that direction as soon as next week.

With regard to schools, children aren’t experiencing this particular virus in the same way older populations—-like the ones at large gatherings—do. Look at the science of the at risk populations. Many kids are barely showing symptoms.

The idea is to reduce high risk population exposure. So reduce travel. Planes and trains and cruise ships are the Petri dishes affecting high risk populations. Which explains the steps being taken.

Spring break travel is why you see universities acting so proactively. The assumption is that so much national and international travel is bound to bring the virus back into the university community.

true, but do we know that the children can't act as carriers and being a parent i am confident in saying that children are among the group that engages in the activities that the cdc is telling people to avoid (i.e. regular handwashing, hands in the mouth, nose, and eyes)

Pharm Frog

maybe - but I am sure no company or organization wants to be the next Biogen - making national news because a large percentage of participants at your meeting, event, conference are infected and test positive - thus your event becomes Ground Zero.

Now we will just have to see if any of those people at the Biogen meeting getting severely ill or worse - but the rate of infection of people when the CDC has been able to identify the source event is consistently pretty high.

Again - that has no correlation to how deadly the virus is or if most of those people infected have minor flu symptoms at worse. But it is a concern.

Ha...one of my colleagues is married to a Biogen manager who was at that Boston meeting. They’ll be cleared by Friday if still asymptomatic. I won’t tell you where they live but it’s often humid and their local baseball team cleverly accessed opponents’ signs.

Eight

Ha...one of my colleagues is married to a Biogen manager who was at that Boston meeting. They’ll be cleared by Friday if still asymptomatic. I won’t tell you where they live but it’s often humid and their local baseball team cleverly accessed opponents’ signs.

new york city is surrounded by water

flyfishingfrog

Yeah well they should know yes or no already if they were there - they have required testing of everyone that attended asymptomatic or not

Not sure what where they live has to do with if they were infected in Boston or not - but my understanding is they crossed a dozen confirmed today which means the virus is considered as highly contagious based on the number of attendees

ShreveFrog

Perhaps we should ban all attendance at all sporting events from fall through spring since the CDC says the flu has killed minimum 20,000 this season. Possibly 40,000.