• The KillerFrogs

No fans at TCU games through April 3

Purp

yea, I already paid for season tickets so I call it a refund but technically it’s a credit to my card. Edit: And again that’s a credit for affected games only
I read it as a credit to your account and not back to your card. You may be right.

Mean Purple

Yeah, I have a REAL hard time in the current climate believing that this is a short term deal. It’s not like we’re gonna eradicate the disease next week. Hope I’m wrong.
IF people are responsible and take the needed and common sense precautionary measures, it will help flatten the infection curve. (which also helps not overload the hospitals … which helps those who may struggle with it after getting infected)
I have no problem watching things from afar if it helps slow the Wuhan devil.

Mean Purple

Stating the obvious....but all of this is a major over reaction. Its sickening to me we are allowing this to darn up people's lives, jobs and the economy.
pretty sure the reason they are taking the actions they are now is to shorten the impact so it actually does less of that.
while severity may not be bad for some (will be for others), the Wuhan devil seems to be spreading quickly. Resulting deaths in Italy went up 31% in 24 hours.
Folks are doing what they can to avoid that here.
School and others are just doing what they can to try and prevent being a space where it spreads.

Dogfrog

That's how I read it. Credit could then be applied to football renewals.

many of us have already paid for football renewal. I would like to believe that if they were doing a credit toward future purchases they would have made that clear.
Edit: went back and read the email and the heading reads: Baseball ticket refund or Exchange Information

Last edited:

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
pretty sure the reason they are taking the actions they are now is to shorten the impact so it actually does less of that.
while severity may not be bad for some (will be for others), the Wuhan devil seems to be spreading quickly. Resulting deaths in Italy went up 31% in 24 hours.
Folks are doing what they can to avoid that here.
School and others are just doing what they can to try and prevent being a space where it spreads.
Racist, imo.

InstaFrog

Ha...one of my colleagues is married to a Biogen manager who was at that Boston meeting. They’ll be cleared by Friday if still asymptomatic. I won’t tell you where they live but it’s often humid and their local baseball team cleverly accessed opponents’ signs.
The Patriots play baseball too?!

Moose Stuff

TCU should do like the Big 12 tournament and let 125 fans into each game.
Just draw season ticket holders names randomly.

They are letting some people into games..... a limited number of family can attend as well as credentialed media and scouts. Throw in a likely skeleton crew of ticket window people, ushers, etc.... and you’re probably looking at around 125 people.

That being said, MLB teams are starting to pull scouts off the road so you can probably take most/all scouts off that list.

Pharm Frog

They are letting some people into games..... a limited number of family can attend as well as credentialed media and scouts. Throw in a likely skeleton crew of ticket window people, ushers, etc.... and you’re probably looking at around 125 people.

That being said, MLB teams are starting to pull scouts off the road so you can probably take most/all scouts off that list.

I would assume that any college baseball team that has a player or coach test positive for the Wuhan virus will have a hard time continuing its season.

Paint It Purple

A stat like this published without explanation, feeds panic and fear unnecessarily. The quick rise is a factor of timing from initial infection to disease course in at risk people. The virus didn't suddenly become more virulent and deadly in 24 hours.

PurpleBlood87

many of us have already paid for football renewal. I would like to believe that if they were doing a credit toward future purchases they would have made that clear.
Edit: went back and read the email and the heading reads: Baseball ticket refund or Exchange Information

There will be no credit for people with season parking passes because they are tax deductible.