• The KillerFrogs

Next in the transportal...

Christcu

We going to turn this damn roster over every year? I have a lot of respect for JD as a coach but I’m beginning to wonder what kind of program he runs off the court...As my uncle, who was in the athletic department at LSU, always says...A college athlete who flunks out just flat refused to participate in school. They have infinitely more academic help resources then the normal student.
College sports have changed forever...welcome to the new normal ...The Transfer Portal. Just support the school, you don't know who the players are going to be anymore.

Billy Clyde

Some pretty heartless [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] in here honestly. Good kid and had a lot of heart.

Agree and think many here may have overlooked how special he is as an on-ball defender. Has the balance and lateral quickness to stay in the PG's face and make him uncomfortable without giving away angles, which is unique at the college level- I don't remember the last time TCU had someone who could do that. He created a lot of turnovers.
As for offense, no way to know how it would turn out with him playing starter minutes at PG for a whole season... But given his driving ability, and the promise he showed from 3, I was reeeeeally looking forward to seeing what would develop between him and Samuel with an entire offseason together. Heck, there were plenty of times this past year we were so stagnant I wished they would just clear out a side and let the two of them play pick n roll.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Has the balance and lateral quickness to stay in the PG's face and make him uncomfortable without giving away angles, which is unique at the college level- I don't remember the last time TCU had someone who could do that. He created a lot of turnovers.

DBvfeHqXgAAajhz.jpg

netty2424

Some pretty heartless [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] in here honestly. Good kid and had a lot of heart.
KD is a heck of a player and surprised at some of the comments on him in here. Kid got 17 minutes a game as a true freshman. Roster may have had something to do with that, but he filled in nicely and impacted the game on both ends of the court. Several games I would give him credit for proving the much needed spark.

He is 100% worthy of playing at this level and will only continue to improve wherever he lands.

Now if he can’t make his grade as some have alluded to, we’ll thats a different argument. He’s got to take care of his business off the court.

Hope he lands somewhere and has a salty college career. I’m a fan.

Delray Frog

KD is a heck of a player and surprised at some of the comments on him in here. Kid got 17 minutes a game as a true freshman. Roster may have had something to do with that, but he filled in nicely and impacted the game on both ends of the court. Several games I would give him credit for proving the much needed spark.

He is 100% worthy of playing at this level and will only continue to improve wherever he lands.

Now if he can’t make his grade as some have alluded to, we’ll thats a different argument. He’s got to take care of his business off the court.

Hope he lands somewhere and has a salty college career. I’m a fan.

I agree! He played hard and always seemed to play with a chip on his shoulder. I always appreciated his hustle. I do believe that grades were a factor in all of this and I hope he can get those back on track and enjoy a good career somewhere else.

SparkleFrog

Do you? And are you in favor of throwing players away just because...?

Actually, I do know him. So, there’s that. Personally, I would not go out of my way to put him in the “good kid” category.

Also, I never said I was in favor of throwing players away. I never stated an opinion at all. However, I will now go ahead and say that the character of some of these basketball players is lacking, and I would prefer to root for a team who is more morally sound. Some people have no problem cheering for a team just because of location or school name (not saying this is wrong or bad), but I demand a little more of the people I support. That’s just me.

flyfishingfrog

I doubt he is leaving because of anything On the court

Was he the greatest guard we have ever had bringing the ball down - no

But he definitely had some valuable skills and showed he wanted to make it happen for the team - he was a plus for the team when in the game

Even with the guys coming in and the few remaining from last year - there was a spot for KD on the court providing meaningful minutes

He faced a harder battle for court time when he showed up then he will next year by far

Thus I feel like it has to be school or other off the court areas that have him leaving right now

YA

Actually, I do know him. So, there’s that. Personally, I would not go out of my way to put him in the “good kid” category.

Also, I never said I was in favor of throwing players away. I never stated an opinion at all. However, I will now go ahead and say that the character of some of these basketball players is lacking, and I would prefer to root for a team who is more morally sound. Some people have no problem cheering for a team just because of location or school name (not saying this is wrong or bad), but I demand a little more of the people I support. That’s just me.
Might want to stop cheering for any team with players over the age of 8 years old if having "morals" is the only way to cheer for a team.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Moral judgment is highly subjective. I would take that with a pound of salt. I'm sure plenty would find things morally objectionable about me. Only some of them would be right.

SparkleFrog

Moral judgment is highly subjective. I would take that with a pound of salt. I'm sure plenty would find things morally objectionable about me. Only some of them would be right.

True. We can all choose to believe what we want to believe. I just don’t think it is appropriate to make a claim about someone’s character if you don’t actually know them. That is why I spoke up. No one has to agree with me and/or my experience. To each, his own. I just know what I know and I do stand by that.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
True. We can all choose to believe what we want to believe. I just don’t think it is appropriate to make a claim about someone’s character if you don’t actually know them. That is why I spoke up. No one has to agree with me and/or my experience. To each, his own. I just know what I know and I do stand by that.
Well put, and you're right that knowing someone is a better basis for judging character than otherwise.

AroundWorldFrog

Well, I would hesitate to call out the moral character of TCU athletes on a public forum. But that's just me.