• The KillerFrogs

New season same Sonny Cumbie

Dear Lord guys.... one season Cumbie is the messiah and “how dare UT try to steal our OC.” Now in a complete aboutface “he’s no good and here’s why I really didn’t mean what I said about him years before”.
In folks defense the quality of the TCU offense has been trending down for several years now. Trevone Boykin and Josh Doctson can make an offensive coordinator look a lot better than they actually are. The TCU offense did not pass the eyeball test last year and it's not off to a good start this season.

jake102

No more bubble screens to the wideouts!
When they don't work, quit trying!

Either our receivers cannot block, or the defense is not fooled at all!

We threw one where we had two WRs lined up alone on the left side and APB had two CBs and a safety playing about 7 yards off. Instead of checking off the play, we run it anyways. Our WR does a good job blocking his CB but unfortunately there was still a CB and safety left unchecked who made the easy tackle for a gain of one yard. So we executed the play perfectly, nobody made a mistake, but it had almost zero chance of working. Just baffling that we didn’t/couldn’t check out of it

Smooth42

Offense started to show signs of deterioration when hill took over. Herky jerky, inconsistent, very very predictable with 40% of plays being sideways quick sideline passes. I said 3 years ago that if I was a D coordinator Going against cumbie I would have the d backs jump snaps because of the percentage of sideways plays. It has only gotten worse. Not sure if Patterson intervening or SC just not smart. Whatever it is, the play calling is going to cost us 3 or 4 Games. So so predictable. WE NEED TO GO VERTICAL ON RUNS AND PASSES PLEASE.

Frog-in-law1995

Posting this in every negative thread I can find:

Against Samford in 2014 we averaged 5.78 yards per play, ran for 4.3 yards per carry, and our top QB rating (Boykin) was 85.9. We won the game by 34 points.

Against Arkansas Pine Bluff, we averaged 5.97 yards per play, ran for 5.6 yards per carry, our top QB rating (Duggan) was 94.4, and we won the game by 32 points.

Everybody chill the scheiss out. If you are posting or liking all this negative stuff, get a grip. Go outside and get some fresh air or something.

westoverhillbilly

Against Samford in 2014 we averaged 5.78 yards per play, ran for 4.3 yards per carry, and our top QB rating (Boykin) was 85.9. We won the game by 34 points.

Against Arkansas Pine Bluff, we averaged 5.97 yards per play, ran for 5.6 yards per carry, our top QB rating (Duggan) was 94.4, and we won the game by 32 points.

Everybody chill the scheiss out. If you are posting or liking all this negative stuff, get a grip. Go outside and get some fresh air or something.

Thanks for putting this in perspective. I just thought our offense killed everybody that year.. I'm hopeful that our receivers will start catching the ball and all will be fine..

tetonfrog

Offense started to show signs of deterioration when hill took over. Herky jerky, inconsistent, very very predictable with 40% of plays being sideways quick sideline passes. I said 3 years ago that if I was a D coordinator Going against cumbie I would have the d backs jump snaps because of the percentage of sideways plays. It has only gotten worse. Not sure if Patterson intervening or SC just not smart. Whatever it is, the play calling is going to cost us 3 or 4 Games. So so predictable. WE NEED TO GO VERTICAL ON RUNS AND PASSES PLEASE.

I love this idea, but the reality is frightening. The OL can't protect for longer pass plays, the WRs don't get open and when they do they drop it half the time and the QBs struggle to make those throws. The turnovers, sacks and penalties make GP froth at the mouth. That is when he intervenes and we go super conservative.

Also, throwing the deep ball was not a strength for Hill and I am not sure what SR's strong points were. That is why we throw all of these bubble crap because it is the only throw and catch we can do.

I'd love to see us open it up, but that could mean turnovers and GP won't stand for that at all. Curious to see how we develop the passing game this year or go run heavy with Delton.

Diehard

Yup!!!!