• The KillerFrogs

New basketball commit- Mickey Pearson

4th. down

He can jump over the backboard and is quick on his feet. Can drive and shoot the 3. He's aggressive with his shot and is very agile with good length. Obviously the team runs their offense thru him. We need some more of these, muy pronto, I don't care what rating he has or not. The proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
If he brings that aggressiveness he will get immediate PT. Overmached a lot of the kids he was up against there. But if he splits the 2/3 positions here, he could also post up some guys.

Eight

looks like he has the physical tools to play the 3 spot left open by noi.

that gives the frogs in this class:

1 point guard
2 2-guards in fuller and the xavier transfer
2 wings in smith and now pearson.

2 spots left and they have to get some help inside at the 4/5.

BABYFACE

Maybe I am oversimplifying, but if one has talent and ability, that gets one in the door. What one does to continue elevate themselves will decide how much of a contributor they are.

MCFROG III

My memory is a little cloudy: I get Kennedy and DeGrate mixed up. I remember one of those guys could jump out of the arena!
DeGrate was the leaper. He sprained his ankle (or something) early in our 1971 1st round NCAA tournament game vs Notre Dame and was lost for most of the game. We lost by a 8pts at Hofheinz after Austin Carr scored something like 58 pts. Kennedy & the Frogs led at many points but couldn't punch the ticket to the second round in the last minute or so. Incredible game. Losing DeGrate was the difference.

Dogfrog

My memory is a little cloudy: I get Kennedy and DeGrate mixed up. I remember one of those guys could jump out of the arena!

I’d say Kennedy was maybe 6-7 and had some bulk / played post. Dominant player even at that height. Degrate about 6-4 forward and a very good athlete. I played city league basketball with some buddies for the Stables in the mid-70’s and Degrate played some games with us. He could still sky. Lob /dunk, lob / dunk.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Both could jump

Kennedy was taller and a great rebounder

DeGrate was 6’4” but played taller because of his jumping ability and willingness to go inside

Both could jump

Kennedy was taller and a great rebounder

DeGrate was 6’4” but played taller because of his jumping ability and willingness to go inside

When Johnny Swaim was interviewed before the tournament, he was asked what his team’s greatest weakness was. He said it was lack of height. When asked what the greatest strength was, he smiled and said “rebounding”.