• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Tournament

OK - fine - but I wonder if he will pull the same BS in Boulder that he did here. He screwed us last year when he refused to practice, demanded to play, begged for more $ and then quit the team when CJD told him no.
No good excuse for Eddie and his mother’s abhorrent accusations about Dixon, but unfortunately, after grooming Eddie for three seasons, Colorado gets the best two. It stinks. We can give Eddie a bit of slack because his big brother was murdered in May of 2022 which may have led to his mental confusion and downfall. And his mother supported the accusations.

I think Dixon noted in that 2022 summer that Eddie needed to get on the court so things were likely bubbling then. His mother, no excuse, she should be mature enough.

Last edited:
An article on Tyler Kolek from a year ago.

I looked up Kolek’s 247 recruiting ranking and he wasn’t even ranked, no grade. A big fat miss by scouts. He didn’t get one offer from the Power Five schools or the Big East. And he is from Rhode Island so plenty of exposure to the hotbed of east coast basketball.

So he went to George Mason for a year. Shaka Smart got fired from Texas and immediately focused on Kolek as a transfer

I think we should be proud of Jamie Dixon and the coaching staff for how they handled that Lampkin situation when it hit the public social media. He diffused what could have been ugly while being gut-punched. They were appropriately quiet while being supportive of Eddie, and obviously said good things about him to Colorado, accurately describing the situation to Colorado coaches.

This is a good article about Lampkin’s recruitment to Colorado.

hometown frog

Utah State was doomed when Issac Johnson picked up his 2nd foul before the first media timeout

Maybe if we attacked him and got him in foul trouble he doesn't kick our ass
That and the goodwill Shawn Bradley didn’t go career mode today. That makes a BIG difference in the score

froginmn

Utah State was doomed when Issac Johnson picked up his 2nd foul before the first media timeout

Maybe if we attacked him and got him in foul trouble he doesn't kick our ass
Ummm, isn't it obvious that our lack of a 7'4" 2x player of the year makes a difference in that regard?