• The KillerFrogs

Mrs. Turk is having an existential meltdown

ShivasFrog

No red-blooded American male should ever watch something like that. And yes, I've been happily married for almost 4 years.

At least not for more than about 5 minutes.

What works around our place is having two TV-watching areas (one for her to watch her DVR'd soap operas and award shows and one for me to watch important stuff like sports and news).

TCURiggs

At least not for more than about 5 minutes.

What works around our place is having two TV-watching areas (one for her to watch her DVR'd soap operas and award shows and one for me to watch important stuff like sports and news).

Agreed. That's how I handle it as well. I've never had the DVR memory space issue that some on here have, but my wife would never make me delete anything pertaining to TCU that's on there...especially something like the Rose Bowl.

purpledawg

So glad to hear my sisters are laying down the law for the Royal Wedding. I'll be up at midnight PDT Friday to catch the beginning of the BBC coverage. There are some wise men on this board who realize capitulation now=victory later.

jake102

I don't think victory points is worth watching that crap/ it's a shame you have to get victory points via watching a wedding. Sounds like the life.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
You can download the Rose Bowl and the Gameday episode off the internet. I have both on my computer.
Oh yeah. I downloaded the RB from iTunes almost the day it was available. Super cheap and the HD version looks great, but not as great as 1020p.

On my iPad, I only see 68% of the anguish on Tolzien's face when Tank sacks him with 7:30 left in the third Q.

Anyone know if you can get a Blu-Ray disc anywhere? Mrs. Turk could sleep with that under her Princess Di pillow.

JugbandFrog

Oh yeah. I downloaded the RB from iTunes almost the day it was available. Super cheap and the HD version looks great, but not as great as 1020p.

On my iPad, I only see 68% of the anguish on Tolzien's face when Tank sacks him with 7:30 left in the third Q.

Anyone know if you can get a Blu-Ray disc anywhere? Mrs. Turk could sleep with that under her Princess Di pillow.
Do you have any computer geek friends? I think you may have two solutions here:

1) transfer your stuff to an external hard drive. I know some DVR's have some USB connections and a SATA connection. I have always wanted to try this but never really had the need to.
2) Transfer your stuff to a computer with a TV card.

I totally understand about the 1080p version looking so much nicer. I still have my Rose Bowl on my DVR and it looks amazing on my TV.

rynosdad

I have been chatting up a young gal, who I just found out was barely 18, and also just found out she is still in high school. Eeek! I didn't know any of this going in. She hangs out with these gals who are in their early 20's so now I am in a bit of a pickle. It is weird, but at the very least it is legal.

AND The problem with getting it into a DVD is that not all DVD recorders that can capture this actually capture it in HD. I purchased a DVD Recorder to take old tapes of "stuff" and there is only an S-Video input. Not many have an HDMI input or a composite input and most of them are not very good.
Just to clarify things - is there any connection between paragraph 1 and paragraph 2 in your response?

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Any dude who watches that [Craig James] is queer. Whether your wife wants you to or not.
Jake, Jake, Jake...

Young Jake...

Let me explain something to you. This is Mrs. Turk:

Turtle.jpg

(And, yes, Mrs. Turk is the one on the right, smart-[Craig James].)

If you're ever lucky enough to find a woman who is 1) gorgeous, 2) a die hard TCU football fan, 3) a die hard TCU baseball fan, AND 4) who will learn to scuba dive even though she really doesn't want to, and who then goes on to become an avid scuba diver and chases sea turtles for fun, you'll watch a royal wedding or two to keep her happy.

Either that, or you'll be so inherently selfish that no woman will have you and you'll have to turn to men for gratification. THAT'S gay. (Not that there's anything WRONG with that, of course.)

TCURiggs

Jake, Jake, Jake...

Young Jake...

Let me explain something to you. This is Mrs. Turk:

Turtle.jpg

(And, yes, Mrs. Turk is the one on the right, smart-[Craig James].)

If you're ever lucky enough to find a woman who is 1) gorgeous, 2) a die hard TCU football fan, 3) a die hard TCU baseball fan, AND 4) who will learn to scuba dive even though she really doesn't want to, and who then goes on to become an avid scuba diver and chases sea turtles for fun, you'll watch a royal wedding or two to keep her happy.

Either that, or you'll be so inherently selfish that no woman will have you and you'll have to turn to men for gratification. THAT'S gay. (Not that there's anything WRONG with that, of course.)

Funny post...well played

jake102

I guess my next question is, are you going to become an avid royal wedding watcher?