• The KillerFrogs

Mrs. Turk is having an existential meltdown

NubomTurk

Tier 1
I have been instructed by Mrs. Turk to clear everything off the DVR to make room for Friday's multi-channel, wall-to-wall coverage of the royal wedding.
Mrs. Turk is a British royalty fetishist. If you ever meet her, do NOT mention Lady Diana unless you have a couple of hours to kill. She has also been a rabid Frog fan for over thirty years.

"The Ten Commandments," gone.
"The Office," gone.
"30 Rock," gone.
The original "Pink Panther," gone.
"The Millionairess," gone. (Not a great movie, but it has Sophia Loren in a corset.)

And then we got to the bottom of the list: "College Football."

Suffice it to say that the Tank, baby, trumps Prince William and Kate Middleton.

joejordan

More power to the Turkette, but I don't see the attraction to a bunch of inbred, horse-toothed, silver spooners in fancy clothes.

And I'm not talking about WVU fans, but it may as well be the same as far as I'm concerned.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
More power to the Turkette, but I don't see the attraction to a bunch of inbred, horse-toothed, silver spooners in fancy clothes.
Me neither, but since I'm a Frog by marriage, and if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have been in Pasadena, I'm happy to indulge her.

michaelperrytcu

I have been instructed by Mrs. Turk to clear everything off the DVR to make room for Friday's multi-channel, wall-to-wall coverage of the royal wedding.
Mrs. Turk is a British royalty fetishist. If you ever meet her, do NOT mention Lady Diana unless you have a couple of hours to kill. She has also been a rabid Frog fan for over thirty years.

"The Ten Commandments," gone.
"The Office," gone.
"30 Rock," gone.
The original "Pink Panther," gone.
"The Millionairess," gone. (Not a great movie, but it has Sophia Loren in a corset.)

And then we got to the bottom of the list: "College Football."

Suffice it to say that the Tank, baby, trumps Prince William and Kate Middleton.

My fiance recently asked if I wanted to attend a watch party on Friday. I of course replied 'yes', it not occurring to me that there could be a watch party for something not involving a sporting event and large amounts of beer. Boy was I wrong...

Frog-in-law1995

Ditto. I'm having to record it all in HD, so I can kiss the DVR goodbye for a while. She's been bugging me about the Rose Bowl for three months. We met halfway and I deleted that morning's ESPN gameday and parade. I'm anxious to see how long we keep the wedding around.

FrogAbroad

Maybe I missed the memo, being out of the country and all, but...did they stop making those little silver-colored discs they used to record stuff on? Things like football games and movies and Jeff Foxworthy specials?

YCBJ Frog

Any dude who watches that [Craig James] is queer. Whether your wife wants you to or not.

No, they're just fine with being bored for a couple hours in order to get BJ points for later. Watching a wedding isn't gay--watching a gay wedding is gay (or a "union ceremony" or whatever they're called)--whatever, they're all boring unless someone on the altar is hammered (preferably the priest/celebrant).

You have much to learn.

Bandwagon

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1303712835' post='823501']
You have much to learn.
[/quote]

He must still be in school. After graduation, it goes in about the following stages if you stay single (assuming you graduate at about 22):

1. First 1-4 years, you aren't too old to hang out with college girls - no problem.
2. 5-7 years, too old to hang out directly with college peeps but not too old to date college girls so you still go to the same bars. You start to realize how good it was at TCU, and start trolling less attractive females.
3. 8-10 years, way too old to hang out with college peeps, too old to date college girls, but not too old for interns at work (risky, bad outcomes, I know). At this point, you and your buds all talk about how much trim you would've pulled if you'd only known then what you know now - wishful thinking.
4. 10-to beyond (which includes at any point after about 1 year of marriage) - you do what you have to do.

JugbandFrog

3. 8-10 years, way too old to hang out with college peeps, too old to date college girls,

I have been chatting up a young gal, who I just found out was barely 18, and also just found out she is still in high school. Eeek! I didn't know any of this going in. She hangs out with these gals who are in their early 20's so now I am in a bit of a pickle. It is weird, but at the very least it is legal.

AND The problem with getting it into a DVD is that not all DVD recorders that can capture this actually capture it in HD. I purchased a DVD Recorder to take old tapes of "stuff" and there is only an S-Video input. Not many have an HDMI input or a composite input and most of them are not very good.

TCURiggs

No red-blooded American male should ever watch something like that. And yes, I've been happily married for almost 4 years.

michaelperrytcu

Any dude who watches that [Craig James] is queer. Whether your wife wants you to or not.

If she can sit with me through countless TCU football, baseball, basketball, Cowboys, Rangers, Mavs and Stars games, I can sit with her and not act completely bored for something that's interesting to her. Nothing queer about that.