• The KillerFrogs

MLB 2023 Thread

Eight

mets will apparently cover part of verlander's salary for the next two years which had to be music to crane's ears

for the money they have spent he could have just followed the braves model overseas and saved some money

FBallFan123

mets will apparently cover part of verlander's salary for the next two years which had to be music to crane's ears

for the money they have spent he could have just followed the braves model overseas and saved some money

The prospect approach takes so long when you start from scratch.

I don’t mind the big swing approach … but it didn’t work.

I think they’ve done a good pivoting from it.

Eight

The prospect approach takes so long when you start from scratch.

I don’t mind the big swing approach … but it didn’t work.

I think they’ve done a good pivoting from it.

maybe, but do they have arms to replace those guys or are the mets going back to the fa market for starters for next year

FBallFan123

maybe, but do they have arms to replace those guys or are the mets going back to the fa market for starters for next year

Reporters are saying Mets planning to take a step back next season, build for 2025 and beyond.

We’ll see tho.

Two days ago reporters were still talking like it wouldn’t be a huge sell off.

The Mariners are charging, with their excellent starting pitching. And they play more cupcakes than the Rangers and Astros the rest of the way.

Their pitching has been dominating the Astros this year and even though the Astros won their playoff series last fall, 3-0, it was tightly contested with the ball bouncing the Astros way.

Rangers offense is on vacation. I was at the game today and Milwaukee was a hit machine. Rangers can't hit their way out of a wet paper bag. Offensive approach is all over the place. They got no-hot for 7.1 the other night and were still swinging at the first pitch in the 7th and 8th. I think in the 6th they had a 6-pitch inning.

Seattle just 4 behind.

ShreveFrog

Uh-Oh-tani! Thi$ could be co$tly. Maybe scratch him from your free agent dreams.

Eight

Uh-Oh-tani! Thi$ could be co$tly. Maybe scratch him from your free agent dreams.

tell you what, would be happy for the astros to sign him as a scratch and dent free agent who can only hit and in the future play the outfield

how many players are at .304 with 44 hr, 97 runs scored, 91 rbi, and an ops over 1.000

even if he never pitches again those numbers at 29 make him well worth the gamble. he might not get a 10-year deal, but he will get paid in the off season

Eight

@Eight - I think swinging a bat is also in question right now.

would do it in a heart beat but it is crane's money not mine.

me, i will happily pay him to sit out and get well if he would take a deal that runs into his mid 30's with a scratch and dent discount of say 35-40M

astros have tucker for at least one more year so they don't have to have another left hand band and this is a long game play. if crane does buy the network up and get an app similar to the yanks app going how many subscription is he worth for all those viewers in tokyo let alone that entire island?

Tiebreaker positions—

Astros, Rangers and Mariners are battling for the AL West title. The two that come up short are contending with the Blue Jays for the 2nd and 3rd (last) Wildcard. Tampa or Baltimore will likely have the 1st Wildcard.

‘Stros won the Silver Boot today for the 7th year in a row and secured the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Rangers if tied for either the division title or a Wildcard.

Mariners and Blue Jays have already secured the tiebreaker over the Astros.

Rangers are 5-1 versus the Mariners with 7 games left to play; so good shape there needing to only win 2 of those 7. Those 7 will be played in the last 10 games of the season and an Astros/Mariners series is sandwiched in between those two Rangers/Mariners series.

Rangers are 2-1 versus the Blue Jays with 4 games remaining; so need to win 2 of those 4.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that Jughead Judge, his Yammering Yankees and their legion of Bronx Barbarians are playing for nothing — oh shucks, they will be missed as good playoff fodder.

Last edited: